World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the law about fishing in Belfast Harbour I have found a mark beside the Odyssey at night the fish are attracted by the street lights and can be seen on the surface feeding ? :confused:

·
Registered
224 Posts
ive seen this myself and im pretty sure they are mullet. cant help you with getting permission to fish it. if your on a public footpath and its salt water i dont think you would need a licence. i may be wrong but you could chance it and pleed ignorance if anyone objects but id be surprised if they did. watch out for the drunks comming out of the odyssey, they would probably give you more hassle. let us know how you get on if you do go out there :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Stan,

I fish a lot on the Antrim Coast and I have heard a few guys talking about Belfast Harbour being a good spot.

The opposite side of the river from the Odyssey can attract hassle from security guards based at the various offices but I think you'll be safe on the other side.

There are no permits required as far as I know.

You might get some grief from the drunks coming out of the Odyssey but I :eek: do know that if you move downstream 100 yards to the old H&W site, there would be no distractions there.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts