World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i live in Mallorca and own a boat and was wondering if anyone could give me any information on good fishing spots around alcudia and Pollensa, as well does anyone know anything about tuna fishing out here? or how to find them?

Thanks

James

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
used to live in the same area myself for around four years

expect to catch small fish most of the time

the best fishing over there is for the several species of mullet ,apart from them it is mainly rock fish you will be fishing for

have seen some pretty big bass from the beaches in Alcudia but they were just one off fish

in the bay of puerto pollensa there are a run of dolfin fish [dorado]
they are small as well,but can be caught on muppets or yozuris

really mate you want to sell your boat and fish from the rocks

tight lines gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i live in Mallorca and own a boat and was wondering if anyone could give me any information on good fishing spots around alcudia and Pollensa, as well does anyone know anything about tuna fishing out here? or how to find them?

Thanks

James
Hey i will be on Holidays from August 12th to 21 near Pollensa and i am planning to move there soon..
I would love to go for some Tuna but i don't own a boat and i think i couldn't afford a charter... so if you are willing to take me out for a fishing trip i would be very happy...i just know some little tricks to spot tuna (bonito) that i learned fishinging in the carribean sea besides this i am a total beginner...

·
Registered
31 Posts
you can go boat fihing for tuna but if you dont go yourself expect to pay up to 2000 euros a day which is stupid money!

·
Registered
31 Posts
if you are not going to go out on your own boat they do charter boats for tuna but expect to pay around 2000 euros for a day! so not worth it!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Mallorca tambien, just outside Palma.
Last year I chartered a boat for the tuna run. It wasn´t as expensive as some may think. €790 from 7am ´till 3pm. As we wanted to stay out a bit longer, the skipper Xisco charged an extra €50 for each hour.
They seem to be fairly flexible and arrangements can be made through a company called Tramuntana Tours. I will include a link:

www.tramuntaatours.com

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts