World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Do any of you know of any bass being caught in and around Milford Haven where and what baits? I can not catch a bass&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
</font>

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
<font color='#000000'>The best baits are Lugworm, Ragworm and Sandeel at this time of year. Neyland seems to give the occasional large bass, if you fish the marina over an evening tide you can expect to catch large bags of schoolie bass. Hook further up the river is a prime location for large bass as well as Lawrenny, Llangwm and Rhoose Ferry. if you prefer clean sandy beaches try the left hand side of newgale near the caravan park, Broad Haven. Another of my favourite bass spots is West Dale. As with most fishing it is better after fall of dark.</font>

·
Registered
149 Posts
<font color='#000000'>You may want to try mackerel as me & my mate have only ever caught bass on mackerel. About a three inch strip on 2/O mustad pulley rig seemed to be tactic of the day. Would suggest you hold your rod especially if fishing off the beach. (Not sure if you beach fish in Milford)

A 6lb is quite capable of dragging your rod of its stand and dumping you multiplier in the sand shagging your reel up. I know this&#33;

Good luck</font>

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi Bear what amount of success do you usually have with just mackerel?
For some reason I tend to catch the majority of my bass on worms, shellfish and sandeel. The sandeel being most effective live at the correct time of year. Maybe if you broaden your bait scope to include a wider variety you may find that you have more luck.</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts