World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in folkestone but i am getting so bored of catching pathetic pouting of the pier. havent even caught a mackerel or bass this year. :( :( anyone got any good marks that i should try for some decent size fish mainly bigger bass. i was thinking of using whole mackerel, pouting or other big baits.

i need your help guys:

some good marks to fish
the times to fish
the bait to use
the distance to fish
the rigs to use
the likely species im hopefully gonna catch

thanks people

simon xxx

·
Registered
423 Posts
hi ***simon***
1st of all welcome to the site!!!
2nd i would try either the secondhalf of the admiralty pier dover, samphire hoe (a bite a cast but rocky ground) or the breakwater at dover!!!
i like to fish all of these places and have done ok.

i caught a bass off the breakwater but you can catch smoothhounds, doggies or flatfish. (mainly on rag or pealer crab)

off samphire hoe you will get wrasse on most baits but bigger ones on crab, and you get all the other fish (mackerel, flatties and pout) but if you fish early morning or late evening you will have a chance to catch bass.

if you fish of the 1st half of the admiralty pier you will get mackerel, pouting and flatfish but on the second half you will get bass, doggies and smoothies mostly on crab!!!

on all of these places if you can fish night time you will have most success!!!

beefcake

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there,

I fished the beach right outside the Rotunda dome a few years ago and pulled in a few nice bass, one of which I caught within 10yards of the shore while I was untangling my reel. Oops! That was around the end of August, during the evening with squid. I keep meaning to go back down there for another go but never get around to it and it's quite drive from where I live now.

Hope this helps & let us know how it goes!

Sean...

·
Registered
11 Posts
without a dowt try fishing the warren @ folkestone, u cannot fail to catch bass here if u listen to me, use a carp reel a descent hook dead or live sandeel using freeline tactics. the key is fish the tide on the turn going out,,just let the tide take your sandeel out to sea be prepered for that big thump , usually it only takes me 5 to 10 minutes per fish on a good day u could take up to 10 bass i think this is the most easiest way to catch bass hope this helps you let me no how it goes.............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts