World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh well another trip another blank....
Set out from Pagelsham boatyard armed with plenty of rag squid and mackeral.
Kind of new to fishing the area so someone had said the swing bridge would be a good spot...
Four hours later nothing apart from helping to feed the entire population of crab in the South East.
Tried all manner of cocktails with the bait. Plus changed rigs around.
Could anyone recommend any good spots aroung the Roach and Crouch. I understand the best bet would be head out to Sea however fishing off a smallish dory and as a novice wanted to remain fairly close in for now..
Cheers

·
Registered
306 Posts
frank1,

You'll probably get some good info from those that fish the rivers more frequently, for my part i generally go offshore & the fishing is good but i do occasionally fish the rivers. Couple of weeks ago i anchored in Yokesfleet creek, was with 'er indoors & fishing took a back seat, caught nothing although a Seal was making a living there. Stopped at the designated anchorage in the R.Roach nr Crouch, 2 small Bass there on light tackle & Ragworm. It seems that most fish stick well inshore by the banks to avoid the strong tides, so almost anywhere will produce, the Goalposts are often good, more so in winter, Bamburgers Jetty has lots of fish around the piles, if you can trot a bait to it there are Bass & other stuff (caught 25 Herring there last year), v.strong ebb, so be careful. Further up the Crouch & close in again there are fish about at times. After heavy rain it usually dies. Good fun picking a mark you fancy & trying it... good luck.

John.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers John. Will try a couple of theses spots. Will be sure to report back with any success.Have a great weekend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts