World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi, recently I&#39;ve just been doing some simple fishing (mainly a sliding float rig but also experimenting with some basic leger and paternoster rigs - with not much luck tho&#33;).

I currently live in Penzance, Cornwall and have been fishing of rocks over nice deep water that make it easier for me - but I&#39;m moving to Plymouth next week, and was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on where to fish, what tackle or rigs to use aswell as baits etc.

I&#39;m living in the city center and won&#39;t have a car for the most part so spots I could walk to would be usefull, although anywhere in the close vicinty will help. Also has anyone got any recomendations for bait / tackle shops in this area.

Also a general question - what is the best (easiest / quick results / fun ) set up to use when fishing from piers. Or is there no hard and fast rules on this?

Thanks,

Jim.</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi jfk303,

I cannot help you with your Plymouth question, I live in South Bucks. my fishing is restricted to twice a month charters from Portsmouth - Christchurch - Poole and until recently Bradwell. My beachcasting sessions are restricted to Pevensey (Normans Bay). However for a bit of good fun fishing there is nothing better that a light rod (Spinner), light line with a Abu lure fishing for Mackerel. Kids stuff but exciting.

A little late in the season now but there is always next year.

Cheers

Drew</font>

·
Registered
94 Posts
hi live in plymouth and know quite a lot of the local marks so if ya need help get in touch
jfk303 said:
<font color='#000000'>Hi, recently I've just been doing some simple fishing (mainly a sliding float rig but also experimenting with some basic leger and paternoster rigs - with not much luck tho!).

I currently live in Penzance, Cornwall and have been fishing of rocks over nice deep water that make it easier for me - but I'm moving to Plymouth next week, and was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on where to fish, what tackle or rigs to use aswell as baits etc.

I'm living in the city center and won't have a car for the most part so spots I could walk to would be usefull, although anywhere in the close vicinty will help. Also has anyone got any recomendations for bait / tackle shops in this area.

Also a general question - what is the best (easiest / quick results / fun ) set up to use when fishing from piers. Or is there no hard and fast rules on this?

Thanks,

Jim.</font>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I have fished alot around plymouth over the last few years and if you like the floating method then make your way to Bovisand diving school which overlooks the breakwater. there should be regular buses to the area. You want to be looking for whats called the pig if it's still there which is a pill box down the side of the cliff (on your left) as you walk to the diving school from the car park where the shop is. It is a bit hairy getting down so take care. Have caught many fish from these rocks mackeral garfish the main stay but a few good bass and pollock and also strap conger to 10lbs. One monster but never saw it !!!!! Hope this gives you another angle of attack..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts