World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Im new to the forum and also sea fishing.So can i start by saying hi.
Im after a bit of advice.I have been out haif a dozen times so far in portsmouth in variouse spots but so far i have blanked each time, except lots of spider crabs.
Does anyone have any advice for me as to baites, spots etc.
I would really like to go after bass so any info would be grately received.
Many thanks,
Murran

·
Registered
872 Posts
hi there im from southsea and get to fish alot heres a rough guide to the area first place the eastern road block fish rag for bass poor flounder(at this time of year)and eels and mullet next is eastney block and the bunny pipe loads of macky(when they arrive that is)and some bass, rockling, wrasse all baits score here depending on time of year also black bream on the block use small hooks. Next point is st georges road eastney good for spring plaice(when they arrive and havent been netted(gits)and also bass,smoothound,pout,eels and rockling this time of year that is,next is the blocks(your see when the tide is not at full)again i use it for mostly bass next is southparade pier where anything goes lots of bass this time of year look under the pier at high tide you will see. Moving on you will have the pyramids,southsea castle which i find better low water up for bass in summer and sole in winter same with the sea-life center and further up behind the monument then comes clarence beach(my favorite spot)in mid june low tide up smoothounds to 8lb maybe bigger nice bass chane of a thornback(this place seems to fish better when low tide is at dusk)live peeler with 5/0 pulley rig or single hook clip-down. rigth done too much writng now if you want anymore let us know and i will give you clarence wall,vicky pier,round tower beach,hot walls,private beach,the benches,still and west,the camber and tipner hope this is alright and questions dont hesitate to ask bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply mate you have just about covered it all. Clarence beach sounds good what would be the best bait to use for bass here and how far out should i cast?
Thanks again
murran

·
Registered
872 Posts
hello m8 the best bait by far is live peeler crab but frozen will do i probably go though 25 on my own(i will use 2 rods with 1 hook each)as for casting go 70-100+ yards and you get smoothound(ive had both rods go at once"nightmare") but cast 30-50 yards out and you will get bass but no smoothies it can be quite snaggy out there expect to lose between 1-3 rigs best spot is behind the oasis bar and even if there is a force 6 southy wind the wind bounces off the wall and you hardly feel it dont forget low water at dusk or 1 hour to dusk and fish it up to high tide no later cause it seems to die off after that,any more help message me

P.s let me know when you are going down i might pop up to see how u r doing :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
i regularly fish south parade pier and the beach by it as i only live across the road. Cant really comment much on the bass although i will say that if there is a massive storm get down the beach the next day and collect washed up limpets. Ledger these out about 25ft on a two hook two snood rig and watch the little bass take em. This time of year i love fishing down here especially when the mackeral are active. God luck mate.

·
Registered
158 Posts
hi everyone i am new boy at the forum its taken me 30 mins to get this far. I know its a bit late to ask but does anyone know how anywhere in the portsmouyh area is fishing at the moment . I am looking to go tomorrow night. trying to find out location and tactics. cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts