World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everybody,

I am looking to go and do some fishing on Tuesday with my brother and am looking to fish either Herne bay or Ramsgate, however I haven't got the best cast so preferably I would need to be able to be on a jetty or a pier with access to a little deeper water, I like the look of Ramsgate, is there a pier that is free to go on and accessible? that allows fishing? or likewise with Herne bay

any advice or information would be massively helpful

kind regards
Dan

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Ramsgate East Pier (the arm on the left as you look out to sea) is free to fish and to park car.
Mostly small stuff there so tiny baits should keep you busy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Weed could be a problem at Herne bay.i fish down the wall on the inside of the ramsgate harbour arm.lots of blennies,gobies,wrasse and pouting down there. Ive had eels over 1 lb and a 2 lb bass down there last few weeks.the outer wall there has been small bass and mackerel.

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,876 Posts
i can put up with weed when hooking into a decent size hound
as your a expert on the piers at ramsgate can you tell me when the last hound was hooked there

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
park on just past 1st bend its deeper water i fished sat had a few mackerel bait shop at beginning of pier opposite toilets you will catch at 10 yards to 100. u virtually fish out of car well comfy. Call Fishermans corner 01843 582174 for sound advice on bait and tackle hope this helps. Parking is free on pier

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
park on just past 1st bend its deeper water i fished sat had a few mackerel bait shop at beginning of pier opposite toilets you will catch at 10 yards to 100. u virtually fish out of car well comfy. Call Fishermans corner 01843 582174 for sound advice on bait and tackle hope this helps. Parking is free on pier
Hi Kingfish,

the pier as you look out to sea on the left you can drive onto the pier? or do you have to park off of the pier and walk up just curious as I don't want to get a ticket haha

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi Kingfish,

the pier as you look out to sea on the left you can drive onto the pier? or do you have to park off of the pier and walk up just curious as I don't want to get a ticket haha
Drive past toilets onto pier you park on harbour side then fish ive been going to ramsgate 10 years now its FREE PARKING ON PIER

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Sandwich is my favourite, clean bottom so minimal tackle loss. It's a bit of a walk if you park at the Chequers pub but probably the best mark. There is a road that comes out by the houses which gets you straight on the shingle, and because of this you get a few anglers round this part of the beach, still plenty of fishing and parking room though. You can fish further along the beach towards Ramsgate, although the water gets shallower the further you go.
All baits can catch on their day but I always take a couple of blueys.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Beware the toll collector, he sometimes comes round looking for anglers. If there's 2-3 of you it's worth paying, bit steep if on your own.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts