World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to ask this question because to this day it has been annoying me

About 5 years I was fishing in the tamar on the saltash side. I was fishing on the bottom with some ragworm.

The weather was bad on the day fairly windy and very wet, anyway I was fishing on the bottom when suddenly the rod nearly went over the side of the railings, I have never caught a big fish but when I went to pick the rod up I could feel the line pulling very hard.

Guess what, It didn't hook. Can somebody give me a rough guess on what it was

To this day it has been annoying me

Any guesses

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
easy! weed and wood. When its calm you can see all the crap goe up and down the river on the surface. When its windy or choppy it sinks and when it passes your line in big clumps and gets dragged down with the tide. its a very strong current in the tamar..

someone else may have a different answer, but if they fish the tamar more than me i`d listen to them.

cheers shaun

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I am going to ask this question because to this day it has been annoying me

About 5 years I was fishing in the tamar on the saltash side. I was fishing on the bottom with some ragworm.

The weather was bad on the day fairly windy and very wet, anyway I was fishing on the bottom when suddenly the rod nearly went over the side of the railings, I have never caught a big fish but when I went to pick the rod up I could feel the line pulling very hard.

Guess what, It didn't hook. Can somebody give me a rough guess on what it was

To this day it has been annoying me

Any guesses

Thanks
possibly a bass

1 - 3 of 3 Posts