World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Going to Side, near Antalya this Sunday. Any tips would be great on tactics, bait etc?
Best of luck I tried but nothing only a few small fish .If you fish on the right hand side of the harbour wall watch out for the turtles they keep popping up and down all day. We fished small hooks and only caught 1 small wrasse.The locals take everything they catch even 3" long fish.
Stay in the bar mate is my advice its a lot cooler there too.:bye1:
Dont take too much gear as they are very hot on weight allowence on your return..... you have been warned.
Nice place enjoy it.

Ps put your report on your return ,best of luck.
PPSThere are no shops around to get any bait so we used bread it was only .75 of a tkl about 30 pence a loaf fresh everyday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was on holiday last year in Dalyan Turkey and I done some fishing when I was there. The first trip was a con as my Dad and myself was told it was a fishing trip but it turned out to be a Seven Island Cruise which was nice but not the fishing trip we where told it was so we did not pay for it. Did wet a line on the trip and the crew said when I brought out some plugs that October is when they will work.

The second trip we only caught very small fish although I tried to catch small tuna that was swimming under the boat at a depth of 12 feet approx which the skipper thought could have been small Baracuda at first until he saw them.

Saw a local commercial fisherman's catch and it looked liked a big jack. The restaurants had plenty of big bass and some cracking bream as well as tuna on display, just a shame that there is no proper sport fishing skippers out there. Maybe if Turkey gets the right conservation laws and the right kind of skippers it could be very good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts