World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking for a fishing kayak (nothing too extravagent, just something I can make do with if necessary).
I'm on a really tight budget of about £200 and want to get as much for my money as possible.

I'm in the Cardiff area but will travel within 50-100 miles if the right kayak came up.

Any advice will be appreciated too, are there any places to buy 2nd hand kayaks in Swansea? Cardiff?

Thanks

James

·
Registered
89 Posts
If your new to kayaking, make sure to get all the safety equipment to. Life jackets, hand held radio etc.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
When searching the net, if its a fishing platform your after make sure you get a SIT ON TOP (SOT)
Good luck in your search there like rocking horse poo at mo, towards the end of the season will produce a few more.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the sound advice boys, I used to have a little rib craft as a youngster and learnt quite early on having to use flares to be rescued by the coast guard that safety gear is the most important thing.

It's so true about then being like rocking horse crap too, the sensible thing to do would be to wait but it's easier said than done :)

894 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you ( hehe)
Looking for one but not to many pennies to spend, and yes very hard to get hold of.
I seen some on fleabay that look ok (i want one just to explore the coast with) so not sure if these fit the bill, it a one man sit on type comes with seat/back rest, oars and cargo nets, brand new and £20 delivery, bit more then £200 at £260 but for what i have seen you wont get one much cheaper, i'l send you the link if you like

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
You have a job on your hands picking up a fishing kayak for 200 notes, your best bet is to find a bog standard one and kit it out yourself as you go along or keep an eye on ebay as there's loads for sale on there.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice boys.

I've been thinking about starting from basic, I think it's my most realistic option at the minute and as long as I'm on the water I'll be happy with that.

That blog is really informative and something I'm definately going to obsessed with before I get out haha.

That kayak look tidy Dog, looks like a good shape for stability and it's got one screw hatch and two string holder things so looks like a good option.

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah looks like a good starter, but unlike you i want one for fun and just a paddle around the coast of St Davids, so i guess someone can tell you if it would be ok to fish off.
where do you want to use one? i guess that might make a differance as to what type?
I'm of to west wales next week for a holiday and a few places there have them for rent, so i will try before i buy, incase it's not for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Around west wales as well actually just cruising around the coast line with a light spinning set-up, maybe float and live sandeels. Nothing offshore at this point.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Have a look at 230654117167 on ebay

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I managed to pick up a Feel Free Nomad yesterday for £225, so happy days. Thanks for the messages boys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts