World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all , just wondered if anyone could help me out. Im planning to visit me Dad who lives in Ballindalloch , he hasnt been sea fishing since his last visit down to Felixstowe, Suffolk almost 8 years ago!

Had a little scout on google earth and the nearest towns by the sea seems to be Lossiemouth , Cullen or Portsoy. Now i was just wondering about buying bait, what your likely to catch, ground etc. Should i take crabs or can you buy near any of these places? Any tackle shops with bait? Even any easy to find spots with nice access, as my dads knees arn't too good , walking too far is a problem. Would just like a few hours fishing and maybe a bite :D

Any information would be great , Cheers

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok i searched the forum and it seems maybe i should try somewhere else? lol

·
Registered
556 Posts
go to sandend beach car park very near to beach and ull catch flatties and maybe sea bass or sea trout . use lug/,mackie for bait . lug can be bought from cullen fishing shop 20-£3 . hope this helps

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers , what rigs are worth using for sea trout? Never fished for them in the sea before, dont get any down this way lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Portknockie to Portsoy is pretty thick with Mack, Portknockie also has a good rep for Conger and Wrasse! (More so Wrasse I believe?)

Cullen beach, you can expect to catch Flounder and Turbot (Maybe other species like Plaice/Dab? Dunno on that one).

Sandend Beach, you have the chance of above but with added in Bass come night time.

Oh and you'll always get the dreaded Saithe/Coalies/Podlies! (Same fish) :wallbash:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
normal two hook flapper for both venues distance is not necessary at all max of 30 yards ,size two hooks and lots of beads little mackie strips about inch long,species you have a chance for are flounder ,turbot,dab,sea trout maybe a bass from sandend but these tend to go for the ragworm and its got to be a good surf running at night usually,if you fancy a go at the bass have a look at the magic sea weed site that will give you surf hieght ,if i am in country give me a pm and i will show you where to go,Portknockie harbour for wrasse is a top place pm blindog he lives there and will give you all the help you need hope this helps Paul forgot to mention best results from cullen 3 hours either side of LW sandend tend to fish the flood

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for the info guys :) Hope to be going up end of this month/ beginning on next. Prob will be fishing the day time :( but would just like a few hours on the beach like the old days :) Think i'll just take some frozen bait up with me , crab mack and some blacks , few rods and a bag of rigs n weights :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts