World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,I'm staying between Annan and Dumfries for a few days next week,not wanting to leave the boss for too long as that doesn't go down to well when we are on holiday.Can anyone recomend any marks not too far away so I'm not spending too long travelling,Kirkudbright is probably the farthest I would like to travel.At least I can leave the boss shopping in Dumfries for a few hours.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
As Dave says, Glencaple or Carsethorn for flounder, and at Glencaple fish baits seem to be doing best lately, which will save you digging. Whilst at Carsethorn, you really need crab bait. Rascarrel and the Balcary marks can give an assortment with dogfish as bankers. If you have light tackle, you can target the mulet in Annan harbour when the tide is in. If you need any tackle, bait or up to the minute gen as to how things are locally, pop into Reel-Em -in situated in the Vennel, Dumfries a.k.a. www.fishingtacklemadness.co.uk/
Ref your user name, does Keo refer to Cypriot beer?

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you want to fish a bit closer to base (between Annan and Dumfries) give me a PM and I'll direct you to a few marks for flounders and the odd bass. Also a lot of mullet about at the moment. Catching them is the problem...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi guys,I'm staying between Annan and Dumfries for a few days next week,not wanting to leave the boss for too long as that doesn't go down to well when we are on holiday.Can anyone recomend any marks not too far away so I'm not spending too long travelling,Kirkudbright is probably the farthest I would like to travel.At least I can leave the boss shopping in Dumfries for a few hours.
are you under the thumb old boy never call a woman the boss because thats when they become the boss if you let them :clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts