World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys as a few of you WSF members know i used to organize a fishing match to raise money for a cancer charity as my father in law and other family members have passed away due to falling ill with this terrible disease but due to my marriage break up my ex's family have made it very clear they no longer want me to have anything else to due with organizing it even though it was very successful and raised lots of money.

So after speaking to another WSF member while fishing the dirty wall 2 weeks ago i would like to start another charity match with all the proceeds going to the Alzheimers charity as this is something close to home for both of us.

I am hoping to organize the match for the end of January to be fished on Aldeburgh beach where the scallop statue is as there is ample parking and easy access to the beach, unfortunately there wont be any cash prizes but there will be trophies for the winners to keep plus a sheild which the winner will keep for a year and return for the next years match.

If any of you membrs are interested in taking part please pm me your details and i will forward onto you all the match information.

Regards and tight lines to you all, Fat Flounder (Phil)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi mate ,,sounds like you done alot of charity work for the cancer charity,, well done you budddy,,, i would love to fish and take part in this match and to do my bit for your new charity,, if you let us norfolk boys have ago,,, me and my mate dean would love to do our bit,,as i am a hospital porter working with people who suffer from this horrible illness,, please forward info to:
And also if you wanted any help at all with anything re the match just say always willing to help ,, many thanks and well done ,,,sorry to hear about your marriage mate ,,,know how it feels Paul

·
Registered
448 Posts
hi m8 i will defo fish the match will it be fished on the dirty wall or town beach :victory::victory::victory:

and can u pm the info about the match thanks cameron :victory::victory:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am interested mate, would love to take part and help raise money for charity, private message me the details that i need. Thanks mate!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi mate ,,sounds like you done alot of charity work for the cancer charity,, well done you budddy,,, i would love to fish and take part in this match and to do my bit for your new charity,, if you let us norfolk boys have ago,,, me and my mate dean would love to do our bit,,as i am a hospital porter working with people who suffer from this horrible illness,, please forward info to:
And also if you wanted any help at all with anything re the match just say always willing to help ,, many thanks and well done ,,,sorry to hear about your marriage mate ,,,know how it feels Paul
Hi camski of course you norfolk boys can join us i might live in suffolk and support the tractor boys but i was actually born in norfolk lol

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi m8 i will defo fish the match will it be fished on the dirty wall or town beach :victory::victory::victory:

and can u pm the info about the match thanks cameron :victory::victory:
Hi mate the match will be fished on the stretch of beach between thorpness and aldeburgh town where the scallop sculpture is.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Yes Phil, nice to see you a couple of weeks ago count me in, as you know my father-in-law has just been diagnosed

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi ya fat flounder,,, my mate dean and myself are looking forward to the match mate,,,cant wait,,, never fished there so really looking forward to it,,, i'll pm you with my details,,cheers Paul

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi there.
Count me in if you can sort a date out soon.I will have to see with the works rota if i can attend ,or sort out that date to join you.I will possibly see if some of the relatives :group:(you know who you are !!) are interested also.
regards
mark

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey there...

You can count me in, I fish most weekends through the winter, so if I could raise a little money along the way then everyone's a winner.

I look forward to receiving the details.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi there.
Count me in if you can sort a date out soon.I will have to see with the works rota if i can attend ,or sort out that date to join you.I will possibly see if some of the relatives :group:(you know who you are !!) are interested also.
regards
mark
Hi Mark the date for the match is 30th January 2011, i will pm you all the details.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi fat flounder, I haven't fished a match before, but I'm up for raising money for such a good cause, and also fancy trying to keep up with you bunch of pros!! If you can PM me the details I'll make sure I'm there.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
hi fat flounder if you pm me the details im free for it, got to help mark (compo) carry his stuff as he is not getting any younger and struggles lol ,

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
are we still on for next week FF?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Phil long time no see buddy, if its ok me and my young lady will fish(as long as we can fish together). Sorry to here about your demise as i have only recently got divorced myself but was lucky enough to find me a gorgeous young lady who wants to fish with me.
Hope all is well.
Let me know times venue format etc buddy.
any help you want with size conversion cards if its catch and release . just say.
Organised a lot of matches last year as i was south norfolk rep for ELSAA.
Do you want a few more anglers as i could maybe drum 1/2 a dozen more from our commitee.
Dabslayer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts