World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys, I'm new to this forum so I hope you can help! :D

I used to go fishing a lot with my dad about 15 years ago down in Swanage where we used to hire a rowing boat & fish the reefs. Great fun it was, reeling in all species. Anyway, enough remenising. I have suddenly got a taste for it again. ew went down to Oxwich about a moth ago....not one bite but even still it was great.
I was thinking of giving Mumbles Pier a go tomorrow. Do any of you fish here? Is it any good?
If not, where should I go? I only have until about 3pm!!
Help.. :confused:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
This time of the year you should get garfish on floatfished fish strip or squid, if you fish the bottom the crabs will attack you, use a polystyrene "float" to get your bait off the bottom a few inches, it also attracts the flatties when there is a bit of tide run.
Its 1002 high water, get there as early as you can, it opens at 0800 but I think it shuts about 1700! 2 hrs either side of high water will be best.
blueskip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice blue skip..
I went down today to have a look & I'm sure the guy said 9:00 it opens! anyway I will get down there just before. The bait i have already bought is: ! pack of squid, a pack of sprats (recommended by Mainwarings) & a pack of this stuff(see pic), Black lug sea sticks, I thought I would give them a try!!
I also bought a weighted polystyrene float. How do I rig this up & with how many hooks?? :confused:
Once again, thanks for the help & support :D

Attachments

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Why didn't you buy some fresh lug rather than that "fish fingers" stuff? it might work but you cant beat the real thing.
The weighted polystyrene float you have is "self cocking", but you need to put some shot on the line to take the bait down, experiment with the depth, gars are not usually that far down, 5/6ft maximum!
Remember to check your bottom bait regularly, unfortunately you will be fishing into an easterly wind, you are going to struggle I'm afraid!
blueskip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts