World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got a new beach caster for Christmas and am planning on going for a wee go tomorrow (depending on the weather).

I'm planning spinning for fun to start with.

Anyone got any decent spots that are easy to get to and not going to be busy?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Spinning with beachcaster?That's hard work.
It really depends how much experience you have.For absolute rookie is safe spot the only way to start.Cove harbour maybe.Waste of time and effort unless you get some clear water though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm a fairly new to it myself and have mostly been fishing peterhead breakwater but it now closed for the foreseeable future due to damage in the last storms. I fished cove a few weeks back and did nothing other than lose lots of tackle. Is cove mainly best for spinning and not bottom fishing? If you do go I'd love to hear how you got on! Maybe it was just my inexperience!

Jon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Inverbervie Beach up to the middle of March for Cod water must be coloured in daytime (after an east wind) or fish in the darkness. Big Baits but not too far a cast. Or try Gourdon Pier same as Inverbervie, In the spring i would go down to Dundee and fish the estuary for flounder.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to Stonehaven today for a few hours on the afternoon. Did a bit of spinning but nothing much doing. Planning on a visit to Inverbervie soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts