World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Some friends and I (all new to fishing) would like to take advantage of a week on the Helford River in March to do some sea fishing. Unfortunately, my mate doesn't get on with boats (not a good start!) so we are looking for a shore site to fish from. Can anyone recommend anywhere close by.

All thoughts welcome.
Thanks
Tim

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If your fishing the Helford from the shore there are a few marks available
1. Tank tracks - drive towards the Ferry boat inn, and just where the road narrows is a iron gate on the left, go over the gate and follw the path to the end. you will see where to fish.
2. the other place worth a mention is tollpoint go to glendurgan church and walk down river through the woods, through the fields, and you will see tollpoint, try under the trees at the end, next to the beach.
both spots throw up Thornies, mackeral, LSD's etc

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have been led to understand that the helford river area has blue whiting but at what time of year I could.nt say so you might get a nice surprise.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't say I've heard of Blue Whiting being caught, but I've had Thornies, Bream, Dabs, LSD's, mackies, gar, Bass, and my mate had a Giant Lobster, the biggest I have ever seen, weighed 17 kilo i think(or was it pounds) it's in Newquay
Aquarium now. they named it claws I think.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
17 kilo or lbs wot does it matter, jesus, ive never dreampt of 1 that big guys,, well done to your m8.. very well done..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts