World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trouble and strife and I are visiting for the first time this coming weekend. Any advice on shore fishing would be appreciated.Usual fishing gronds for me are Dungeness and Hythe in Kent.
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
hi dodgy dave - if you can get away would go a little further round the coast to cley, salthouse weybourne etc. Not miles away and definately worth the drive if you can, deeper water and more fish. Best at night.

Steve

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'll second that, Cley to Weybourne on the shingle, my usual spot. Funny though, off to Dungeness tomorrow for the first time ever. Let's see what they are making all the fuss about on the South East forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have fished Hunstanton recently and caught Bass, Flounder and Eelpout, the spot I have been fishing is the Monster ramp area at the sailing club, if tides are big then you end up fishing from the promenade but I have also fished the beach at the start of flood and followed it back in, worm is a must (can be dug on site) not had a bite on any other bait yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who gave me the info. worms are one bait I can get and bring as madam is used to me storing them in various state of decomposition!
It will be interesting seeing how a South East forum fisher gets on up country!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
God luck on your trip to Dungeness,there are plenty of fish caught on the forum and a few on the beach!!If winds have North or East in them suggest behind Power Station for more comfortable fishing Good Luck

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
hi dodgy dave - if you can get away would go a little further round the coast to cley, salthouse weybourne etc. Not miles away and definately worth the drive if you can, deeper water and more fish. Best at night.

Steve
potentially more fish !! that should read :secret:,,good luck m8 ,,maybe a flounder ..poss a yting or 2 ..even in daytime !! ,,poss of a schoolie too

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Trouble and strife and I are visiting for the first time this coming weekend. Any advice on shore fishing would be appreciated.Usual fishing gronds for me are Dungeness and Hythe in Kent.
Many thanks
ive just come back from fishing all around from heacham to brancaster its very shallow as other people have said go that little bit further around to sheringham way it may look far on the map but we went on the a149 a quiet road and some very good views you will get there in no time i did see loads of lug worm casts between hunstanton and old hanstanton ,we stayed in heacham and the people were very friendly if you needed any info on the fishing hope you have some luck when we were there is was 4days of foggy weather and n/eastly winds,if you get time we stayed right on top of the fox&hounds pub in heacham they brew there own real ale at the pub well worth the visit post code for sat nav pe31 7ex

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
ive just come back from fishing all around from heacham to brancaster its very shallow as other people have said go that little bit further around to sheringham way it may look far on the map but we went on the a149 a quiet road and some very good views you will get there in no time i did see loads of lug worm casts between hunstanton and old hanstanton ,we stayed in heacham and the people were very friendly if you needed any info on the fishing hope you have some luck when we were there is was 4days of foggy weather and n/eastly winds,if you get time we stayed right on top of the fox&hounds pub in heacham they brew there own real ale at the pub well worth the visit post code for sat nav pe31 7ex
i live in heacham ,worked in the fox ,,hope it wernt you i upset sat nite ?? soz i was pi55ed lol ,,wernt you with mark was it ?

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
i live in heacham ,worked in the fox ,,hope it wernt you i upset sat nite ?? soz i was pi55ed lol ,,wernt you with mark was it ?
no mate i left late friday ,i was the person who was drinking broardside wearing afghan heroes wrist bands i was drinking in there from monday to friday we played pool also we were in there tuesday night for the live music we had a meal (very good food the cobler ) then we sat in the corner in line with the band and i must say the people in that pub were very friendly also drank in the railway

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
no mate i left late friday ,i was the person who was drinking broardside wearing afghan heroes wrist bands i was drinking in there from monday to friday we played pool also we were in there tuesday night for the live music we had a meal (very good food the cobler ) then we sat in the corner in line with the band and i must say the people in that pub were very friendly also drank in the railway
missed ya then lol ,,so op heres your answer ,,,if the fishing is crap ,,get in the afore mentioned pub or pubs get drunk ,listen to live music have some nosh,,simples ,,ps ignore the miserable fat bstrd landlord .have fun :clap2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all for the info .This is what the forum should be for and I am delighted to have so many replies. Have packed the rods and off to dig a few lug .You mentioned lug casts Are they blow or yellows ? Spade or fork?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.