World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas AND ladies. Just trying to find out if any of you guys have been to Norway to fish for the monster cod there. Me and my father have always wanted to do it and as his birthday is coming up soon i thought it would be a great present for him. Have seen and read about so many companies doing the holidays but not sure which one to go for. Any advice well be great

Cheers guys

·
Registered
52 Posts
just got back from Norway on a self drive boat hire an chalet rent in skervoy it was amazing.
the company was anglers world,also check out the troms explorer,skipperd boat if you prefer that option.
Places are well booked up even for next year so get on it chap its awsum.
we had fish up to 30lbs but the biggest we heard of was well over 60 lbs whilst we were there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it easy to do the self drive? do they show you where to go and all that ? what sort of boat do you get ? and roughly how much you reckon

·
Registered
673 Posts
I helped deliver the Troms Explorer to Norway along with Tom Bettle and can vouch for the boat and the people running it. The weather we went up to Norway in (from Poole) was not shall we say ideal but the boat handled it faultlessly albeit it hard work at the helm in rough seas.

The boat is designed with their kind of fishinng in mind which is all done on the drift. The boat is a cat with at least a metre wide walkway for the whole 42ft of length so plenty of room

Have a look at their website http://www.troms-explorer.com/

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi, You wouldnt like it there mate, too many of these and they take bloomin ages to reel in, coz when you hook 'em they steam all the way down to the bottom, then when you get 'em up they go all the way back down again!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Maybe you prefer the more gentle Cod, just 25lbs this one..

I will be adding a report shortly, I am currently over in Norway leaving later, what a week!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
glenn - what is the fish in the first picture? pollack?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.