World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listining to Anglers Blues last weekend and Keith Arthur says there haven't been any new shows commisioned for the whole year. He says they might be doing what they did with Matt Hayes and just cutting and pasting a new series from old ones.

Anybody heard anything else?

If thats the case, no point in paying for Sky because there is naff all else worth watching.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I have heard similar rumours mate, which is a shame. Never mind there is always the football and the cricket on the telly bud!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was listining to Anglers Blues last weekend and Keith Arthur says there haven't been any new shows commisioned for the whole year. He says they might be doing what they did with Matt Hayes and just cutting and pasting a new series from old ones.

Anybody heard anything else?

If thats the case, no point in paying for Sky because there is naff all else worth watching.

Absolutely agree. If it wasn't for the wife and kids, Murdoch could stick his Repeat-o-vision where the sun doesn't shine.

Uncle_Filthster said:
'tis true. A mate of mine is good mates with Mick Brown and he told him they were scrapping angling programmes due to lack of viewers.

Hardly surprising when they put them on on Saturday morning when most of their potential viewers are out fishing!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
well thats awful!...i hope that doesnt happen..

They have enough money to make programs about Midgets doing day to day activities/how to refurbish a Knackered MG/and daft programs about canal boats though..

They need to get there priorities right..

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
At the moment there are no new fishing programmes being commissioned for Discovery............

But let me assure you that it is nothing to do with a "lack of viewers". I do know that. Obviously I can say certain things and I can not say certain things here.

I want to say a lot, believe me, but perhaps I had better bite my tongue for the moment on this issue. It is nothing to do with me not making shows or not making shows, as you can well imagine, it is not "wise" for people like me to rely on fishign TV to make our livings. It is up and down at the best of times.

It does stagger me though that in my mind what is the "home of UK TV fishing" is not doing any more fishing programmes, regardless of whom they make them with.

Perhaps things will change in the future, who knows ?

G

·
Well Henry - how about a few more DVD's in the same vein as your Bass Fishing one last year - It would be good to have a series - Cod Fishing, Flattie Fishing, Ray Fishing etc. We wouldn't need to rely on repeats on Sky then. I don't know if this is ecomonically viable but it would make a cracking reference collection! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Shame really!

I could be accused of being very sad as I tape lots of the Fishy progs to watch at a more convenient time.

Would make a big difference if we could get a free digital terrest channel to show say at 16.00 to 17.00 or do a poll on here to find best time!:g:

Now we are talking!:g: :clap3: I think?:idea:

·
Registered
317 Posts
anyone know how to start poll on this site?

·
Registered
317 Posts
If I see another Location, Location, Location, Location, Location, Location, Location ad neuseum , I'm gonna break the screen!

:uhuh: :sleeping: :mad: :banghead:
Aye? You still watching HG on Sky?:g:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
At the moment there are no new fishing programmes being commissioned for Discovery............

But let me assure you that it is nothing to do with a "lack of viewers". I do know that. Obviously I can say certain things and I can not say certain things here.

I want to say a lot, believe me, but perhaps I had better bite my tongue for the moment on this issue. It is nothing to do with me not making shows or not making shows, as you can well imagine, it is not "wise" for people like me to rely on fishign TV to make our livings. It is up and down at the best of times.

It does stagger me though that in my mind what is the "home of UK TV fishing" is not doing any more fishing programmes, regardless of whom they make them with.

Perhaps things will change in the future, who knows ?
Firstly i must say that I am appalled, how can they not make any more fishing programmes. I watch them all (even the ones that are on at a ridiculous hour of the day/night) I realise that it would be hard to make a living out of just fishing for TV. But please is there nothing that can be done by anyone????? The thought of life without 'Fishing on the edge' doesnt bare thinking about.
And yes keep up the excellent work, your programmes are so informative & helpful & down to earth. Just how many bleeps can you get in one programme Henry. lol:notworthy

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
6,279 Posts
Perhaps there could be a section on this site, i.e. "Our own Videos", I'm sure a lot of us have got camcorders etc, we could make our own and perhaps just show some good clips of us lot catching some decent fish???
I wouldnt fancy watching three hours of me stuck in the rocks and kelp, cursing at the tackle loss and generaly blanking and then when I do eventually catch a fish its a two inch whiting! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
:wallbash: :preachon: :banghead: :mad: not enough viewers !!!!!!,what a load of bull****,how many anglers are there in this country and how many would watch these programs,enough said,if there going to make silly excuses at least be realistic about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm hardly surprised.

I mean, only today I watched an episode of Paul Young's 'Hooked on fishing' and I had a hard time staying awake through the entire show.
I mean, he's probably a nice enough man, but his shows are just plain dull. Unfortunatly his show is not the only one that seriously lacks in the 'also-interest-non-fishing-viewers' department.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts