World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks going to arran for a few days , does anyone know if there are any bait shops on arran if i take bait i wont be able to keep it for long going camping. i know lamlash is a no fish zone , whats the best bits on the island to fish apart from there. any hints on bait places etc would be greatfully appreciated, thanks raddy

·
Registered
537 Posts
You can buy frozen bait in the chandlers/tackle shop by the pier in Lamlash. The guy who runs it can also give you advice on where to fish. There are mackerel fishing trips run from Lamlash. The shore fishing is not great, but there are one or two spots where there is deepish water close to rocky shoreline near Lamlash. I don't know anything about fishing on the other (West) side of the island.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Plenty of Dogfish at Corrie so the locals say and a few Sea Trout being caught. My job takes me there once a month so i've taken the spinning rod a few times and had a few mackerel and small pollack from the rock marks. Plenty of good marks around the island just don't get time to fish them. The west coast screams Bass, some really nice beaches there. :fishing1:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
big thanks for the info guys very much appreciated hopefully i catch something , anything will do
Raddy can you either post or drop me a PM when you get back, were going on holiday there in September though we will be on the other coast at shiskine.

My wifes family used to holiday there regularly when she was a child but Ive never been.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hi m8, ave been on the island for five five days hol,s, ave been stayin over at blackwaterfoot, had a wee sesh there with just one wee pollock to show for about five hours, try'd Lamlash yesterday and ended up wi five mackie's and a we'd pollock, guy fishin next to me on the rocks had a pollock to about 2 1/2lb, head to the point of the bay to the left past the hospital keep headin along till u come to a carpark, though the gate and walk up to the point, keep following the path round it will split in to two take the wee footpath through the bracken til u come to a fence go down the fenceline onto the rocks and start fishin, anywere on the rocks u should catch. Tightlines m8.cheers.P.S, mind u can't fish inside lamlash bay as it's a marine conservation area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raddy can you either post or drop me a PM when you get back, were going on holiday there in September though we will be on the other coast at shiskine.

My wifes family used to holiday there regularly when she was a child but Ive never been.
will do i'll let you know as soon as i get back

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi m8, ave been on the island for five five days hol,s, ave been stayin over at blackwaterfoot, had a wee sesh there with just one wee pollock to show for about five hours, try'd Lamlash yesterday and ended up wi five mackie's and a we'd pollock, guy fishin next to me on the rocks had a pollock to about 2 1/2lb, head to the point of the bay to the left past the hospital keep headin along till u come to a carpark, though the gate and walk up to the point, keep following the path round it will split in to two take the wee footpath through the bracken til u come to a fence go down the fenceline onto the rocks and start fishin, anywere on the rocks u should catch. Tightlines m8.cheers.P.S, mind u can't fish inside lamlash bay as it's a marine conservation area.
thanks troutman2 good to know

·
Registered
247 Posts
Plenty of Dogfish at Corrie so the locals say and a few Sea Trout being caught. My job takes me there once a month so i've taken the spinning rod a few times and had a few mackerel and small pollack from the rock marks. Plenty of good marks around the island just don't get time to fish them. The west coast screams Bass, some really nice beaches there. :fishing1:
yip a would imagine blackwaterfoot should be gd, really gd beaches there and rocky marks altho i must admit ive never fished them. just love arran the views are pretty special.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've had some good float fishing and spinning at Lochranza before for Mackerel, pollack, coalies etc. No monsters but pretty consistent and good fun.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had a weeks hol on the east coast beside lamlash I think? 15 years ago so memorys a bit rusty. I remember a mark on the north of lamlash bay round the point a bit which was into quite deep kelpy water. I caught several wee pollock and cuckoo wrasse on cockles bought from a local shop. That was with pretty basic gear and thinking back it looked realy fishy if you had a proper go with jelly worms etc. like i say it was years ago and ive prob got the names of the bay wrong. i remember there was an island in the middle of the bay. i fished on the north side of said bay around the point off the rocks. No idea if thats any help to you:huh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts