World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new on the web so yere gos i have just had a mooring at hoobs point so if any one give me some good fishing spots i have fished the pole of st anna head but i do like yo fish for tope any help thanks

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
do you go off the shore or boat at hobbs how did you get on????

Hobbs is the best mark to fish in the haven i only fish it in calm weather otherwise the wind and tide push you in to the rubbish.

I blankled at Milford but it is meant to be good.

If you fish off the boat any where in the haven is prolific with fish try dockyard bank (by Hobbs) for cod and whiting. Close into rocks at angle forwrasse and small polack.
Try mid channel rocks in the heads for a variety.

Sea angler magazine fished over there.

Anywhere in the Haven is good hope this helps
Bass Buster

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i fish of my boat i like to fish tope i had some good fish off the pole i put the boat to bed for the winter roll on april

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all looking forward to going out and trying afew of the marks ispend the summer in tavernspite in my caravan so lot of time for fishing

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
taff2

Have a look in Yellow Pages and find the numbers for the tackle shops in the Milford/Pembroke area. Some keen boat anglers work in these shops and will be able to give you lots of local info.

Rhod.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Taff2

Welcome to the site, I fish the Haven during the summer months from my boat, I too launch at Hobbs point and have a caravan in Sageston so I'm down there most weekends.

Do you have a Chart of the haven? if so i can give you some marks and if you have a GPS I can give you the coordinates to locate them but not be until I visit my caravan next.

There is a tackle shop in Pembroke dock run by Billy Brunton tel No 01646622712, Billys a very helpful guy and it pays to get to know him, he has a wealth of local knowlage.

There is also a fishing club in the area that has a boating section if your interested ask Billy.

Hope this will help you

Calmia

1 - 11 of 11 Posts