World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just moved from poole harbour to the marina. Not asking for your special marks, but can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start. Dont mind what target species just looking for a bend in the rod. Cheers

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi guys just moved from poole harbour to the marina. Not asking for your special marks, but can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start. Dont mind what target species just looking for a bend in the rod. Cheers
Depending on what sort of boat you have and how far you are prepared to travel will dictate what's available,but a lot of anglers will be concentrating on the plaice in the next few weeks before the bream and bass show up in numbers.
You can do worse than drift fish half a mile south of the two piers,or slightly further out towards the yellow bouy. Plenty of plaice all around that area.
Another few weeks and everyone will be heading towards littlehampton for bream,bass and undulates.
If you need numbers for wrecks etc then come and say hello . We are just by the marina office. Antares 620 called Diddum. Bring a pen and some paper on a weekend and you can fill your boots with whatever you need.

Raider.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Depending on what sort of boat you have and how far you are prepared to travel will dictate what's available,but a lot of anglers will be concentrating on the plaice in the next few weeks before the bream and bass show up in numbers.
You can do worse than drift fish half a mile south of the two piers,or slightly further out towards the yellow bouy. Plenty of plaice all around that area.
Another few weeks and everyone will be heading towards littlehampton for bream,bass and undulates.
If you need numbers for wrecks etc then come and say hello . We are just by the marina office. Antares 620 called Diddum. Bring a pen and some paper on a weekend and you can fill your boots with whatever you need.

Raider.
Now that's the sort of post that shows the true value of Forums like this . Nice one Raider .

·
Registered
999 Posts
hi time bandit- welcome to brighton marina, raider has pretty much said whats going on in next couple months so good luck , we are always around in marina on east jetty 2250 - freedom- have plenty wrecks so like raider you can have whatever nos you need, have local books of wrecks that you can borrow if you like ,hope you get that fish

G

·
I have all of my mark numbers stored on my computer. Give me an idea of how far you want to travel, and what you would like to catch and I will sort some out for you:)

·
Registered
250 Posts

Raider.
Hi Tony ,Can i fill my boots with your numbers too , in particular undulate / Tope hotspots !!:sleep::sleep:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Tony ,Can i fill my boots with your numbers too , in particular undulate / Tope hotspots !!:sleep::sleep:
You only need to ask Kev. Not too sure about the Tope,as we have a few numbers but we have yet to try most of them. The undulates are another matter,as we have a couple of well proven marks for those.

Raider.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Raider could you help me with a few numbers please ? Preferably not too fat,under 75, & must have they're own teeth !!!!
Why so fussy with the specifications. I would have thought a pulse was enough?.No teeth could turn out to be a bonus. I will look through the archives of the cards we have printed that usually end up stuck in telephone boxes,theres bound to one in that lot that meets your demands.(ps...They dont look EXACTLY like the photos when you get to meet them,but maybe they were just having a bad hair day)

Raider.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys been away for a while so only just caught up with the forum. Can I just say thanks for your all your advice, I was chuffed at the friendly reception to my question. Thanks to all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts