World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,780 Posts
I always hear about their being crowds of boats out of Poole hammering fish. Its either bream or bass in the summer on live eel or hounds they love to move in swarms and nail them. Got to say after my 10th fish I would have given them a break, especially if there were 25 other boats doing the same. Whether they are returned or not its a bit much in my opinion. Were these chartered boats or private? If they were chartered they really should have known better, still its their own feet they're shooting I suppose.

I have just about heard it all now! one minute people are getting told off for taking too many home, then someone actually finds the idea of catching too many wrong. so you pay your money and catch a shed load, return them but stop as you have caught enough? what you meant to do then?, Go Home?
I personally think fishing for pleasure (not for the pot) is a silly idea, but i have to say i really cannot get my head around that statement :blink:

· Registered
7,780 Posts
I would have kept one or two, but as the Boss has filled the freezer from sainsburys and I have a fish in there as well, we only have a small freezer, I did not want to waste fish that I would not freeze immediately or eat straight away.

Also as I understand it, if you have caught enough for your needs one is asked in the interests of conservation either to stop fishing or fish catch and release. As the comp was a points comp, with only those fish that people wanted to eat being kept, then I fail to understand the point of view that now we should go out for the day, catch one fish and then return home.

I am going to fish for Cod from Orford on the 24th April. Last time I caught 9 and returned 6, should I this time pack up as soon as I catch the first, which last time was at 4pm and then wait 15 1/2 hours to be collected? Or should I continue to fish, return those that I don't want, and if I catch something I like fillet and release!!!!!!
Edgey i was not having a pop at you mate, i just did not get anywhere near understanding that last daft comment about stopping and moving on even if you put them back, Sites gone mad! mad i say!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.