World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , Been out the last couple of days :ph34r: , fishing the surf at Aberavon , lots of schoolies still around , caught a 3lb Bass in the big surf last night ,used the remainder of the bait this morning . With a very nice whiting on what I had deemed my last cast :D .
Had an amazing stroke of luck in the meantime .An off the ground cast which was flying to what appeared to be my all time best :blink: and for some reason the spool on my mag stopped :angry: Snap all gone , changed reels pending an investigation of same ;) Cast out and on the retrieve pulled in my lost tackle :lol: Was I a happy fisherman or not :p
Off to Blackpool for a couple of days ,lights and all that any marks I may try if she lets me ???
Cheers Jury

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
hi
i fished it wednesday and had plenty of small whiting and loads of doggys. ru fishing the competition on wednesday or u still in blackpool.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi all..

Tried Aberavon last nite..few schoolies but no sign of the whiting. Where have people been fishing and what baits are the go???

Cheers lads, Pottsy

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
i have had plenty of small whiting on the pier. I been using lug tipped with rag. But i general use worm bait to keep away from doogys, but recently ive been catch doggys on rag worm. lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, once those doggies are in they can be a real pain, but good fun....To what size are the Whiting off the pier and have there been any Cod showing off the pier in previous years???? What baits are the larger Bass falling to??? Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The only time i have heard ofcod falling tothe pier iswhen thereis a big tide and people have fished off the platform at the start of the pier.

The main cod have been caught of the beach using lug and squid. The only bass i have caught of the pier is when i was usingwhole squid and following the surf down the pier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts