World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and mates went out to the beach (Penarth) on Monday evening tide, Loads of whiting / pouting & eels. Bites every cast, nice finish to the night a 5lb conger.
Any news of cod being caught in Penarth?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
HI KELVIN PENARTH is just outside cardiff. about 4 miles at a guess. u have cardiff, , penarth,, sully,, u have heard of sully island have u,,,, or then barry,, or barry island as it is well known. where the old butlins once stood. in winter we like 2 think that we r lucky cos we have a lot of venues within a short distance of each other.. ie.... cardiff 2 barry 12 miles. so u can work the other venues out.. about 3 miles apart..but u can fish marks all along the length of tne venues.i just like my fav spots.... tactics depend on where u fish really,, any 1 will do.. u will catch on most methods.i tend to use my weight on the bottom with 2 x 3 way swivels and 2 hooks. i find it cheaper than rigs. at the moment i av been catching bass on rag tipped with squid. but when the cod r here i use a sliding weight with a 30 inch trace. like uptiding.. i have always done well this way. but all anglers r different,, and its nice 2 c each other dtry different things. thats how we all progress. good luck. oh by the way when cod r in we prefer lug and squid. rag will still produce but lug is the killer. .........cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts