World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Riverside Dundee,15:50 to 20:00, LT=18:17 1.7 HT=00:41, 5.0. Bait mackie, bluey, black lug, squid, Water plenty waves,dirty,Weather wind from s/w, some cloud,dry.

Well decided i had to get out not been out this year yet so headed doon the river. Talk about a slow shift it took about half an hour for my first fish to come up. It was a codling of the smallest order but it was a fish and the blank was of. Next a long 3 hours before my next fish a flounder this time and again small fry but a catch. Apart from these fish there was nothing else happening no crabs. I did have problems with weed though the small stuff that wraps around your line. I was going to stay longer but after taking so long to get these couple of fish i though ...wasting time here so gave up. I would have liked to fish through the day but had plumber coming who called around midday to say he wasn't going to make ....Just perfect :veryconfused:. Can't get out today either car is in garage hate to think what the bill is gonna be, £300 was mentioned :eeks:.
I did have a talk to a couple of guys who were fishing at the cafe using black lug,salmon and something else i can't remember but with little success. Personally i would have cooked the salmon :D.
Total catch 1 Flounder,1 Codling.
DSC00016.JPG
DSC00022.JPG

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ist outing of the year and a couple of fish to beat the blank nice one. Got the opertunity to get out Sat nite as other half away out with her pals but will see how weather is first.
Not cheap anymore to keep a car on the road I just got mine back from body shop after someone reversed into the side of me just before the NewYear so had to make do with a hire car that his insurance had to pay for.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
476 Posts
I'm going to try Dundee next (not this) weekend, there's so much water flows down the river I only ever try an incoming tide these days. When that brown 'weed' from the river is in the water (I think it's dead leaves and stuff in the river) it's a sair fecht getting it of the line, especially off the shockleader knot.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm going to try Dundee next (not this) weekend, there's so much water flows down the river I only ever try an incoming tide these days. When that brown 'weed' from the river is in the water (I think it's dead leaves and stuff in the river) it's a sair fecht getting it of the line, especially off the shockleader knot.
I know we have had our tangles with braid and I hope you got your rod sorted. :)
If you do decide to try braid and if you use braid as the shockleader you would find that the knot is very much smaller than with mono. Being smaller it is much less prone to picking up weed or leaves.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well in bud .:thumbsup:
Thank you .

Ist outing of the year and a couple of fish to beat the blank nice one. Got the opertunity to get out Sat nite as other half away out with her pals but will see how weather is first.
Not cheap anymore to keep a car on the road I just got mine back from body shop after someone reversed into the side of me just before the NewYear so had to make do with a hire car that his insurance had to pay for.
Thank you Allymac,start slow and small and improve....i hope :rolleyes:. Tight lines for sat nite. Nothing cheap about running a car ..final bill £425 service and it was meant to be steering column to get fixed but they found a hole in my back box ( i did have a feeling something was wrong back there) and a couple of smaller bits ...should sail through mot in a couple of months :run:.

Nice to see you oot an aboot Mike
Thank you Burnie.

aye gaid ti see u oot n aboot again Mike
u keepin better noo
Iain
Thanks Ian , still have problems but have to live with them apparently.

Well this was an odd one for me fishing an outgoing tide. I like to start fishing about an hour and a half before low then right through to high. It can be a hard one fishing the outgoing Tay. I always think when i see that small stuff that wraps around line that somebody upriver is cutting their grass :laugh:.

Reactions: allymac89
1 - 10 of 10 Posts