World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Been thinking of getting a rod for light sea float fishing for mullet and with a quiver option built in for light ledgering / spinning.
Is there a course / carp /sea rod that will cover these options............or should I dig in my pockets and buy 2 rods...:yucky:
Your help is appreciated.
Coastman:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't know what sort of budget your on mate, but put AVON QUIVER in google, that might fit the bill :idea: :idea:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Veals do a mullet rod by Imax. It looks quite good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I use an old style 12 foot coarse match rod . . . pefect for harbour / estuary 'light' float / ledger fishing for mullet etc. but double check your cluch settings !!!

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info people...........its got me thinking now.
Coastman:)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i often find that the all in one rods are jack of all trades, master of non. i would go for 2 seperate and different rods.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
I bought a twenty-five quid, 12ft 2.5lb test curve carp rod the other day and it's great for bunging float rigs & Dexter Wedges about - with tidy casting distance. At that price I ain't too bothered about it getting bashed on the rock-marks I fish - just can't wait till I have a 5lb Ballan on the end LOL!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
totaly agree! ive got an old bashed up carp rod i got at
a car boot (not taking the fox matrix to get scraped along walls and dropped
on shingle)
got that for a tenner about 5 years ago, still going strong

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Daiwa twin tip. Great for spinning....bass or mullet. Change the tip for a really nice 12 foot mullet rod.

A really superb outfit for mullet fishing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Masterline Avon rod that has a quiver tip section with 3 different weights of tip, plus an extension that means it can be used at 11 and 13 foot lengths. I've landed carp to 12-15lb with it, so it'll handle mullet etc pretty well. Cost me £65 a couple of years ago. It's well built and the rings are nice and solid, unlike some of the coarse rods so it should take the punishment if needs be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts