World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
got over shaldon at 5 this morning, plugging for bass by the lighthouse but had no luck, just a couple of mackerel!
i see alot of people fishing from the bridge and even though thats not a spot i would really like to try, is it worth walking over from shaldon side and plug beneath the bridge or abit furthure along opposite the docks?

help! cause i'm desperate to catch some bass!

also while i'm on the subject, what plugs would be best, diving or surface poppers?

any info would be much appreciated

cheers

goody:g:

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's not too pleasant with all the traffic, but at night it's not so bad...

You're not supposed to fish there, and i think some of the boatowners get cheesed off with inconsiderate anglers obstructing the safe passage of boats...

BUT there's good fish there...

You can fish straight down into the main channel, you'll need at least 2oz weight, and live eels....I think iot would be very difficult to fish a pplug like that......

Make sure you have a very long leader on to get the bass uyp from the river.....

Ade

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Like mono says its a live eel venue, if its plugging you wanna persist with goody get down to the far end of Ness Beach crack of dawn or late evening and work your way along a bit. Not saying you won't hit a fish with a lure in the river but you will probaly get a lot of weed on a lure up the river.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Chaps

What's the fishing like at the moment in Teignmouth, been trying Exmouth but the place has been netted to death by illegal netters at night, they have left very little in the way of fish let alone bass, will be glad when the W.....ers have been caught:busted_co.

PM me if you dont want to show a reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts