World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i travel up to southwold several times a year normally in the summer months april to september, does anyone have any advice on fishing the harbour, i normally try up by the rocks before the channel narrows down leading out to sea however i have never been able to catch anything but i am told that you can get some reasonable fishing in there, although i have worked out how not to lose gear now (which is almost as bigger achievement as actually catching a fish), any tips advice would be helpful,

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey andy i fished there last summer and it produced alot off schoolies, around 50yds out on lug and squid tip, but fishing is slightly down at the minute, so your best chance is to have a bait variety of lug, squid and peeler if you can get hold of them, maybe makerel if you can catch them they should be about :hypocrite

try different ranges too 30yds-120yds etc

good luck hope you get a few :fishing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mikey, i might be going back up there at the weekend i think i might have a go on the beach aswell bring my beachcaster out for the first time this year

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Try a head hooked ragworm on a float rig in your normal spot Andy,and just let it drift with the flow.
You could well get a fishy surprise!!!:g:
Spratty:thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts