World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
It may be cack in your eyes, it's not aimed at you, but at the younger anglers who get guidance on what works and what doesn't from anglers like you. They can't afford your kit, they can this, and there's lots to play with and encourage their interest for little outlay. These are the future of angling, and need help and encouragement. Then perhaps they'll become as good or even better than you. Or perhaps they'll just retire back behing their computer games, and miss what we had when we were young.

philtherod

·
Registered
482 Posts
It may be cack in your eyes, it's not aimed at you, but at the younger anglers who get guidance on what works and what doesn't from anglers like you. They can't afford your kit, they can this, and there's lots to play with and encourage their interest for little outlay. These are the future of angling, and need help and encouragement. Then perhaps they'll become as good or even better than you. Or perhaps they'll just retire back behing their computer games, and miss what we had when we were young.

philtherod
not only for them! I bought the tackle selections after 3 weeks they had them (nobody seemed to trust them). the nice boxes they came in where worth more than the 2 pounds I paid!! go and have a look! it is not as sh1te as it looks. for wreckfishing you do not need much!

jan

·
Registered
975 Posts

philtherod
I agree - I bought my lad the cheap rod rest from here - I know it does not stand up to the rigours of us big boys using it as it is quite weak - but he loves it - ideal for him, right size etc ....

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
The beach shelter they did last time was ace, light and easy to put together with the zip up front forming an exstended groundsheet. You can also sit on a box inside and zip up partially to see rod tip while cooking / sheltering, brilliant and about £5 !

We used it last year as a wood store and loo while camping on Shell Island and it proved invaluble, enabled us to drive off and reserve our pitch.

Have to say the nightlights and float packs that took nightlights inside were also great and have acounted for some great fun. The tripods have a use but not for holding big wielding beachcasters, handy lightweight rover to rest rods low while fishing rocky marks though.

Many anglers started with the old Winfield wonders ( now called Woolworths ) none of their range could be called quality, but certainly kept me occupied, Lidls stuff is heaps better than the Poundland tat, if only one kid starts fishing, then in my books its ace !

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I bought one of the night fishing accessory boxes and it's worth it for the glowlights and bells and the box come to think of it.
There is a lot of pap in the kits but there is some good stuff which makes the overall outlay seem ridiculous for the outlay.
In case you're wondering we had the offer in Ireland here last Thursday.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I bought one of the night fishing accessory boxes and it's worth it for the glowlights and bells and the box come to think of it.
There is a lot of pap in the kits but there is some good stuff which makes the overall outlay seem ridiculous and good value.
In case you're wondering we had the offer in Ireland here last Thursday.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
It may be the lower end of the market but you just watch the stuff appear on ebay at inflated prices.:yucky:
Poundland rods and reels haev been fetching over £16 a piece ! As my mum always asks how much everything in the shop is ( POUNDLAND !!! )

"Its a POUND !" at a quid when it naffs up, wang it of exchange it back at the shop.

Has anyone seen anything of the rumour that Tesco is going to stock tackle, I have looked here, there and online but cant see anything ------------ YET !

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
its kack!!!!!!!
i started off using .... kack.... many years ago. then upgraded to winfield gear.

it got me fishing for many years until i could afford better.

the more places do this type of gear the more kids will get interested:clap3:

if its not what you would use then walk away because theres loads of people out there dying to have fun with it.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
i got some handy stuff from there lat sale. ome cheep gear that i didnt mind loosing. the nightlights are excellent

·
Registered
462 Posts
i had a shelter there last year and it was a bargin at a 5er ! i use it for course fishing my mate has got one from argos he payed 50 for it and id say mine is better than his mine doesnt leak on the seems his does...il be getting another one and more waders next monday :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i put this thread up because i bought some of this stuff last year and had no problems with any of it ( only run out of tip lites last week !!!)- i even got my mate into fishing by giving him a box full of tackle to get him started - thanks for all the tips and info on some of the stuff - im going for a box of lures to get me started spinning and plugging - has anyone used any of the rods ????? or reels ?? cheers bdb

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
i had a shelter there last year and it was a bargin at a 5er ! i use it for course fishing my mate has got one from argos he payed 50 for it and id say mine is better than his mine doesnt leak on the seems his does...il be getting another one and more waders next monday :)
Couldn't agree more - the shelter is excellent value and for the money you can afford to buy a couple in case of accidents, and still for less than half the price of Ron Thomson shelter or similar

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Poundland rods and reels haev been fetching over £16 a piece ! As my mum always asks how much everything in the shop is ( POUNDLAND !!! )

"Its a POUND !" at a quid when it naffs up, wang it of exchange it back at the shop.

Has anyone seen anything of the rumour that Tesco is going to stock tackle, I have looked here, there and online but cant see anything ------------ YET !
I used to buy my tackle in Woolworth's - tesco doing it aint a new idea. I think I still have a Winfield baitcaster somewhere!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
In answer to a previous thread yes Tesco are going ot start stocking fishing tackle at some of its larger stores, the 'Tesco Extra' stores i think they are called. In France and other European countries it is common for supermarkets to stock tackle and bait, such as Carrefour in Frane. In the USA Walmart stock quite a good range of tackle, i have heard that they sell top quality Abu multiplyers at low prices. A friend bought a few Abus back from the states which i have not seen over here before, one was a 6000 Tournament Red, which i believe cost around £40 in Walmart.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts