World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have been thinking about fishing the Tyne for flounders and eels at the Copthorne hotel and similar marks. I was wondering if anybody could provide me with information on the best times of year, best tides, baits etc. I was thinking of havin a light beachcaster chucked out into the channel fishing a 3-5oz lead with either crab or rag for bait. Another lighter bass ord lobbed 10-20 yards out fishing crab or eartworms. If anybody could provide information on tactics and timing i would appreciate it. Many times i have driven over the bridge and seen people fishing and thought i must give it a go.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Hi there, I have been thinking about fishing the Tyne for flounders and eels at the Copthorne hotel and similar marks. I was wondering if anybody could provide me with information on the best times of year, best tides, baits etc. I was thinking of havin a light beachcaster chucked out into the channel fishing a 3-5oz lead with either crab or rag for bait. Another lighter bass ord lobbed 10-20 yards out fishing crab or eartworms. If anybody could provide information on tactics and timing i would appreciate it. Many times i have driven over the bridge and seen people fishing and thought i must give it a go.
pm me on monday and i,ll give you the info you require. fished loads of sea league matches there.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, i have a pretty good idea of the tactics involved. I think i am right in thinking its a peeler venue. I was more thinking about what times and tides are best there.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Where can you park when you fish there ? And is the road still closed off where the old building burnt down?

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about getting the train up as the station is not far away at all. Won't be taking much tackle so that shouldnt be a problem. My biggest concern would be a few unpleasant smells for the other passengers, but thats about it really.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts