World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys going to arbroath at the weekend still just starting out on the sea fishing and was wondering if i should try fishing certian features with certian baits such as fish rocky areas which bait for there and whats best for the sandy areas

bait im going with is peeler crab lug and rag worm mackerel sand eel and squid

also am i best flaoting any of these baits

cheers guys:help:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also guys meant to ask should i target certian features at certian times ie low tide or dusk better for certian fish cheers guys

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Dont know the area bud but rag, sandeel and mackerel are dynamite on the float normally wherever you go, the float is a great way to fish for pollock, coley and wrasse on rocky marks

·
Registered
467 Posts
Target wrasse in close to the rocks with worm or crab float fished or ledgered, pollock coalies and mackerel will all be caught float fishing mackerel fish the bottom with combinations of bait for codling, pollock, coalies and anything else kicking about! hope this helps

Steve

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You'll certainly be fine fishing those baits and will have plenty chance of a fish. You could be in for cod, wrasse, coalies, pollack off of the rock marks. Fish the rag on a float close in for wrasse and pollack, although the pollack are more likely to come in the deeper water. Fish the other baits hard to the bottom on a pulley rig and rottom bottom. My preference would be to fish 4hrs down to low and 2 hours back up again. A nice bit of peeler crab fished into the many gullies out there should produce some cod and wrasse.

Mind its not the winter yet so keep the baits a little smaller as the fish are a bit picky at this time of the year and the likes of the wrasse have small mouths.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
excellent help guys writing all this down and ill be sure to post back with a report and some pics

keep up the good work

cheers

·
Registered
536 Posts
Best bet for the pollock is a mark with a lot of kelp that shelves away very quickly into deeper water. I always try to fish min 2 hours before high tide and 2 after. Floated rag or sandeel should provide wrasse and pollock in th eweedy marks. Spinning dexter wedges or jelly eels (red & black) should also help produce pollock a bit further out. The fish are often just at your feet. Good idea to go and have a look where you are fishing at low tide to find out where all the gullies are, sand for bass and flat fish. Tight lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts