World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the green patch under the Menai bridge a decent spot for Huss and smaller conger? What else might be around at the moment?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Is the green patch under the Menai bridge a decent spot for Huss and smaller conger? What else might be around at the moment?
It's hellishly snaggy, and full of discarded gear. Apparently, if you cast onto the mud bank on the left at HW, its quite a good spot for decent flounder (According to Swelleyman). On the mainland side, by the quay under the Brittania Bridge was quite a good spot for Conger at slack (but also snaggy), as was the bit in front of the rowing club. The bowling green in Menai Bridge used to be good for Conger as well, but I haven't fished thes marks for years!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's hellishly snaggy, and full of discarded gear. Apparently, if you cast onto the mud bank on the left at HW, its quite a good spot for decent flounder (According to Swelleyman). On the mainland side, by the quay under the Brittania Bridge was quite a good spot for Conger at slack (but also snaggy), as was the bit in front of the rowing club. The bowling green in Menai Bridge used to be good for Conger as well, but I haven't fished thes marks for years!
Cheers for the reply mate, I’m just looking for some easily accessible marks that could produce at the moment. Are there many other decent flounder marks?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Cheers for the reply mate, I’m just looking for some easily accessible marks that could produce at the moment. Are there many other decent flounder marks?
Yes, Pwllfanogl, fish ot the left towards Plas Newydd, at LW (there are some nice Plaice there in the Summer). Parking is a bit tricky, so park by the Welsh Water layby, don't go right down the lane, it annoys the people who live there. A place I've always fancied, but never tried is the little river estuary (Cadnant) that enters the Straits just outside Menai Bridge (there's a layby on the left, just before the bridge). Its very shallow, ultra muddy, full of Maddies, so is definitely a HW mark, but its really sheltered, so ideal for light gear. Have a look at LW, to see where the river channel is. Might be a good idea to put a couple of marker floats down at lw, so you can cast right into the channel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Pwllfanogl, fish ot the left towards Plas Newydd, at LW (there are some nice Plaice there in the Summer). Parking is a bit tricky, so park by the Welsh Water layby, don't go right down the lane, it annoys the people who live there. A place I've always fancied, but never tried is the little river estuary (Cadnant) that enters the Straits just outside Menai Bridge (there's a layby on the left, just before the bridge). Its very shallow, ultra muddy, full of Maddies, so is definitely a HW mark, but its really sheltered, so ideal for light gear. Have a look at LW, to see where the river channel is. Might be a good idea to put a couple of marker floats down at lw, so you can cast right into the channel.
Cheers for the advice, I’ll check out pwllfanogl on Google earth

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the mark in front of Plas newydd house?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I haven't heard of much coming out of there, but I've never fished it. Fierce tidal flow. The other side of the Seiont by the golf course, all the way round to Ty Calch would be a better bet, particularly for schoolies on crab from now onwards- it's a nice spot!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cheers mate, is it worth a shot off the walls at caenarfon with worm baits?
You can fish off the wall right outside the Anglesey pub, two hours up to high two hours after, Flounder and the occasional Bass if you stick around long enough you can see the mullet going out to sea on the tide, the only thing to look out for is crabs they will strip your baits

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't heard of much coming out of there, but I've never fished it. Fierce tidal flow. The other side of the Seiont by the golf course, all the way round to Ty Calch would be a better bet, particularly for schoolies on crab from now onwards- it's a nice spot!
Cheers mate

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can fish off the wall right outside the Anglesey pub, two hours up to high two hours after, Flounder and the occasional Bass if you stick around long enough you can see the mullet going out to sea on the tide, the only thing to look out for is crabs they will strip your baits
Cheers mate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts