World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Can anyone give me advice on fishing the Shannon next month?.
There will be a party of 5 die-hard anglers fishing these shores on the 10th June for a week. Having never fished that area, any pointers would be great!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi,
I have not fished Glin,but have fished Foynes further up.The quay at Foynes has produced lots of Thornbacks to 10lb, odd Huss to 9lb and congers to low double figures,Dogfish and flounders.We used to fish from the quay whre the large ships moor , I have a feeling that fishing is no longer allowed here , if not fish from the shore in the close vicininty and you should be able to cast in to the deep shipping channel which is where most fish are found.Best bait is fresh mackerel with frozen large sandeel and squid second/third choices.I have also fished a small pier a few miles before foynes called kilteery ?? had a large huss here once but have heard that it fishes similar to foynes also heard of tope being caught around this area too.Best of luck.

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers brad!!! I cant wait to get over, i'm hoping to get my first tope from the shore. Is it true that theres a slim chance of stingray from the shore anywhere in that area?

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your best chance of a stingray would be from Tralee Bay fishing anywhere from Fenit pier to camp.
Thanks again, feel free to send a PM if you hear any good reports of promising areas and i'll give a full report when i've been.:)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi all, Can anyone give me advice on fishing the Shannon next month?.
There will be a party of 5 die-hard anglers fishing these shores on the 10th June for a week. Having never fished that area, any pointers would be great!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!!
having fished glin for many years ,i have to say over the last 5 years the fishing has got a lot worse.dont be put off because on its day it can be outstanding.the great thing about this peir is you can drive straight on to the end and fish out the back of your motor,we used to take a transit van on there and fish straight out of the back of the van ,really comfy when yer have a strong s/w winds with rain.we have caught big bullhuss congers and small rays ,also cod and dabs.fish straight off the end ,if the end is 12.oclock fish the left at 10.00 clock and the right at 2.oclock .fresh mak and frozen sand eels best bait .killterey peir is as much the same .tarbert peir also worth a go,wish you all a great weeks fishing

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
having fished glin for many years ,i have to say over the last 5 years the fishing has got a lot worse.dont be put off because on its day it can be outstanding.the great thing about this peir is you can drive straight on to the end and fish out the back of your motor,we used to take a transit van on there and fish straight out of the back of the van ,really comfy when yer have a strong s/w winds with rain.we have caught big bullhuss congers and small rays ,also cod and dabs.fish straight off the end ,if the end is 12.oclock fish the left at 10.00 clock and the right at 2.oclock .fresh mak and frozen sand eels best bait .killterey peir is as much the same .tarbert peir also worth a go,wish you all a great weeks fishing
Cheers baz, thats great mate. I will put my reports on the site when i get back.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts