World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,
Has any one had any experience in fishing the spoil ground any good marks (GPS co-oridinates) or just any general advice. I have a week off from June 13th (Yipee) :D and plan on taking a few trips out there in my boat.
Many Thanks. Rich

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi yes south of the Nab.
I am heading out there next week. just looking for some heads up and were i can find some action

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats great i will let you know how i get on. I take it thats mixed sport so i could catch any thing ? :D
Do you know whats out there at the moment ??
Many thanks for your quick reply

Rich

·
Registered
757 Posts
karlmoore said:
plenty of rays mate.
we usually fish it 2hours before till 2hours after high tide,try the north nab numbers for bream, loads being caught at the moment.also get some crab for the smoothounds yuo should get some good sport at those marks
regards karl
Hi Karl,
You must be the 'squidlips' we heard on the VHF from time to time out on the Spoils last winter. Nice callsign, mate :D
I think a trip out there is called for on next week's neaps, because the weed off Selsey this year is driving me nuts. Couple of queries, be grateful for any advice. First, is there anything on the Overfalls this time of year? I notice one of your numbers was very close to them. Second, what's the Princessa Shoal or Culver like for bream? I'd like to pick up a few, so I was thinking maybe to head out deep for tope/hounds then call in on a reef homebound ( for Eastney).

Steve

·
Registered
890 Posts
hi steve
try wreck fishing,see picture help thread.
bass on overfalls if you are lucky,but blonde rays on small tides but it does rip
through there.never had bream off culver area but havent fished it much.
i prefer the hounds or boulder bank off selsey.(less crowded)also heard today club members only had solent salmon (dog fish) all day yesterday at spoil grounds
i have found you need to go further out to get really good sport.its pretty much hammered around nab area now.
hope this helps

·
Registered
757 Posts
karlmoore said:
hi steve
try wreck fishing,see picture help thread.
bass on overfalls if you are lucky,but blonde rays on small tides but it does rip
through there.never had bream off culver area but havent fished it much.
i prefer the hounds or boulder bank off selsey.(less crowded)also heard today club members only had solent salmon (dog fish) all day yesterday at spoil grounds
i have found you need to go further out to get really good sport.its pretty much hammered around nab area now.
hope this helps
Hi Karl,
Damned if I can find the charted wrecks, I even struggle to spot the Cuba! I guess we'll go out and take a look. Agreed on the Selsey reefs for bream but on the Bank Holiday weekend the weed was making life truly miserable even as far offshore as utopia. Only Bullocks Patch was free of it :(

Steve

·
Registered
757 Posts
karlmoore said:
steve
am off fishing tomorrow,one advantage of being self employed.
will p.m you with wreck numbers when i get back.
just put numbers into your gps you should land right over the wreck
regards karl
Thanks Karl, that'd be much appreciated though somehow, I think you could jam my head right IN a wreck and I still wouldn't see it :rolleyes:
I'm away home in a mo, heading afloat monday so fingers crossed the weed isn't too bad. Going to see whether Stormy sandeels can pull a bass off the Overfalls if all goes to plan :)

Steve

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys well I am off fishing today going to head off to those GPS marks you gave us (cheers) Providing the weather stays good. And ill let you know how i get on later tonight.
Dont work to hard !!!

Rich

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well the weather turned a bit nasty out there did not stay for long. when the waves started to crash over the top of the boat i decided to leave lol
headed to wards no mans land fort sheltered by isle of white cought about 60 mackrel. you could see them jumping in the water next to the boat as the bass was chasing them.Saw the bas aswell but couldnt catch the things lol.
im back out today so depending on wheather might head back out there !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts