World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm trying to organise a trip down to Brighton or Seaford this weekend, but I have been stifled by the rough weather. Its exposed a glaring lack of fishy knowledge when it comes to catching something other than mackerel.

Presumably, the sea will still be too murky to yield those tasty maccies, even by Sunday. Thus, I am stumped as to what fishes will be on offer and how to catch them.

Wouldn't have a clue what to target during daylight hours. At dusk, would it be worth trying out some plugs for bass?

Also, not sure what day would be the best, fri/sat/sun. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated! :)

Tight lines all

·
Registered
195 Posts
m8 ! dont mean to sound rude but thats alot of info req? what l would suggest is , pick a venue , grab some bait, and go and have some fun!! learn on the way! and enjoy the day..... atb phil

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Hello,

I'm trying to organise a trip down to Brighton or Seaford this weekend, but I have been stifled by the rough weather. Its exposed a glaring lack of fishy knowledge when it comes to catching something other than mackerel.

Presumably, the sea will still be too murky to yield those tasty maccies, even by Sunday. Thus, I am stumped as to what fishes will be on offer and how to catch them.

Wouldn't have a clue what to target during daylight hours. At dusk, would it be worth trying out some plugs for bass?

Also, not sure what day would be the best, fri/sat/sun. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated! :)

Tight lines all
bass are really thickening up now,this weather ,although not ideal for us,is ideal for the bass especially down here,so grab yourself some good heavy gripleads and have a bash in the rough on friday night,the wind is easing on sat night,so lighter leads and gear might be usable,as for spinning/plugging forget it the water is going to retain too much colour,my advice would be seaford.low and up to high into darkness ,mackeral baits on a 5/0 kamasan b940 hook,and whatever lead you can hold out there with,if its rough(it will be friday night) try and hold your gear out there behind the first breaker,big gulley,if it does calm right down ,switch to sandeels/freshouts or even livepouting,although the latter will probably be to hard to find,good luck,craig

·
Registered
415 Posts
just come back from a quick daylight dip down the buckle end...
rough and weedy.
THE END

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input fellas, Sorry I left the question a bit vague.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
If it does calm down at all then it could be good for sole on the marina in daylight. King rag on a size 4 running ledger should do the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts