World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone this is my first post on this website. found this site whilst looking for info on fishing the westcoast, im planning a camping and fishing trip on 12th august- 16th and want to catch a variety of fish that ive never caught b4, im wanting to cram as much fishing in as possible and want to start by fishing withorn on the first day and maybe the mull of galloway the second, targeting decent mullet and bass. then loch long for a crack at them conger ive just read about, the other species i would like to catch are bull huss, thornbacks and pollock. does anyone have any info on whats the best sized tides are for which species, or doesnt it matter and where i could target the huss and thornies, with a bit of luck someone might know where i might get a few species on one mark. any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
welcome m8
this is the place to be for your fishing info .there will be loads of guys that can help you with marks .not me though only ever fished the east coast of scotland and some of wales :cool:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hey Baza , if you want Bull Huss, Spurdog ,Pollock and the like try Loch Etive its good all year and sheltered :) (Best off boat for decent fish) or try around Loch Fyne (Furnace /Tarbet/ Ardrishaig ) Best between June-October plenty of mackies,doggies,conger and wrasse as well :D Further up the west but well worth a try, tight line ;) s

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Baza see you are going fishing at Whithorn I was up there 1st July and going back on the 16th July,I fish of my own boat but my mat camps at burrowhead camp site were there is some good fishing down at the bottom of the cliff,you dont after be camping there just go and park your car next to the cliff and away you go,you only need feathers plenty of pollak and mackeral and a od tope

Tommy

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies, im thinking of concentrating on one area probably galloway, though kintyre is still in with a shout. ive been after the mullet down here and often bump into steve walker who wrote a good article for the sea angler around the isle of whithorne,i might have a bash most of our mullet r quite small this time of year.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Most of the species you are after are available from the mull of galloway area. except the mullert and thornies. The pier at stranraer has a few mullet swimming around and the place to go for thornies is Ballahullish all the rest should be available from Mull Head right at the end of the Mull. Be careful and go during the day as it can be a tricky mark to fish.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Plenty of mullet round the mull, loads in the bay at Drummore. Thornbacks making a slight comeback but still not that common any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts