World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its 6am. The rain is pounding down outside. My sarnies and drink are ready.

Theres a miserable expression on my face.....but.....an air of anticipation because I am still going to brave the weather and go of for a morning mullet session.

Loads of smelly mackerel in the shed....been out of the freezer for 3 days and really starting to smell ripe:yucky:

Looking to the Southwest it looks like there is some brighter weather on it way:)

Going to have to get going as I always get that rush of impatience .........

Will post a report later,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Umm. Its 8.50 am Sunday morning the rain is pounding down outside. My bacon Butty and cup of tea are by my side.

Theres not a miserable expresion on my face....cause today I wont be going fishing. I will be taking it easy, watching a bit of telly whilst keeping dry and warm.

Looking to the South West it looks like a severe weather warning

Got to get going as I always get theat rush of impatience when me tea runs out.

Each to his own! Enjoy your day all whatever you do....

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
It's 9.50 am and I've just got back from an early session at Ilfracombe Pier. There is not a miserable expression on my face !
The missus has got the Bacon sarnies on the go and it can rain as much as it likes now !!

Only went along to try out our new ( dirt cheap off Flea Bay ) telescopic travel rods. They seem perfectly OK for what we want to use them for - sling 'em in the car when we're off on our hols' and do a bit of light recreational fishing , as and when the fancy takes us.

Sue had a few good bites on the float and I had a couple on a leger , but we didn't hook into anything. Hope you have better liuck than we did , Tony.:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) :) :)

Well I got absolutely soaked. The rain just poured down and kept coming....but...

After the rain eased up I had me a couple or 3, all to mackerel flesh fished just off the bottom.

Good scraps....my landing net finally gave up the ghost....:unsure: ....gonna have to buy a new one now...

Lovely goldies.....
gold.jpg
gold3.jpg

Oh and heres another caught last Friday....this one a grey and went just over 3 1/2lb....caught by a mate of mine.

phil1.jpg

All in all I am glad I braved the weather......

·
Registered
47 Posts
well done bud...looks like it was worth it. cracking. have to go out now myself. you have coaxed me out of Sunday slumber. ta!:notworthy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nice one Tony! May have to have a go for the mullet myself. Hope to get out one evening later in the week for the bream, just got to get permission:) :) Let me know if your interested.cheers

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always interested mate. But the preferred bream location is extremely muddy at the moment. I expect it to clear over the next 3 or 4 days so long as we dont have anymore heavy rain.

Let me know what your up to and a big congratulations mate for the new Yawner addition to the household:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Let me know what your up to and a big congratulations mate for the new Yawner addition to the household:)[/QUOTE]

Will do and cheers:) ,give it a few years and he will be out fishin me like his brother does already:) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts