World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, just curious I would like to go fishing more but can’t travel often. I live close to Truro and I know there’s some pretty big openings around Tresillian in Truro and around Malpas. I’ve seen people say they have caught bass and flounder around Tresillian. I’m just curious what would class as sea fishing and what would be classed as river fishing? I do only have sea fishing gear. The main Tresillian river which flows from the petrol station in Tresillian to Malpas and all the way to Truro. Can this river be fished with sea equipment, Baits and lures without a licence? Someone said it’s okay to fish with sea equipment as long as it’s a tidal, is this true? Thank you
46630D7E-B50C-466B-B1C6-31A5E14294A2.jpeg

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hey, just curious I would like to go fishing more but can’t travel often. I live close to Truro and I know there’s some pretty big openings around Tresillian in Truro and around Malpas. I’ve seen people say they have caught bass and flounder around Tresillian. I’m just curious what would class as sea fishing and what would be classed as river fishing? I do only have sea fishing gear. The main Tresillian river which flows from the petrol station in Tresillian to Malpas and all the way to Truro. Can this river be fished with sea equipment, Baits and lures without a licence? Someone said it’s okay to fish with sea equipment as long as it’s a tidal, is this true? Thank you View attachment 1239497
Olly, Try posting on the South West forum but I am pretty sure you will be OK to fish for flounders, bass and gilts! PH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts