World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I'm planning a wee trip tomorrow and not sure where to go. I normally go to Furnace and catch only Mackeral using this type of lure.

Have not tried any other types or bait and was wondering what other types of fish would this lure attract and where best to find them. Cheers

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I would imagine they should pick up mackies, Pollack and Coalies not to sure much else would hit them in those two marks.

Looks like its going to be another nice day tomorrow both marks will be packed with mackie bashing, familys and no doubt the buckie bridge

good luck anyway mate

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would imagine they should pick up mackies, Pollack and Coalies not to sure much else would hit them in those two marks.

Looks like its going to be another nice day tomorrow both marks will be packed with mackie bashing, familys and no doubt the buckie bridge

good luck anyway mate
cheers mate... any tips on other methods for catching other types would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
not fished furnace in a good while. although float fished rag seemed to work there for some pollack. If fishing the bottom be prepared to loose gear can be a tackle grave yard up there.

Greenock on the other hand i fish quiet regular and enjoy it. Again float fished rag does well down there. Rag and lug are best baits for me. Again if fishing the bottom no need to cast far the fish are normally right at your feet in greenock. Also worth using mackie as bait down there , you can pick up some doggies. Speices wise theres lots down there lots of corkwing , Goldsinney wrasse the odd ballan, coalies, pollack, mackies, doggies , the odd codling and a few other mini species.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mainly so that i means i have half a chance of getting a space somewhere at loch fyne. Normally fish the pier at crarae and occasionally the quarry. I'd imagine both will be heaving. Want to catch makies first then try for others as only thing i have ever caught at fyne is makies. Tried St Catherines and various bits all the way passed otter ferry last time, but caught zilch, might have been bad tides though. Anyone any suggestions to other areas to try in the general vicinity?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
you could give cairndow a shot at low tide or furnace bistro.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cheers, but i will be there 3 before and two or 3 after high tide.
Crarae is the bistro as far as i am aware

1 - 8 of 8 Posts