World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planing a wkend down wales for shore and boat fishing any sugestions were to go ive been to holyhead a gud few years ago and fished the breakwater wall and went on a boat called my way want to try somewhere new this time thanks in advanced:thumbs:

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
hi mate i would think it all depends on what sort of speices you want to target ,gower for the bass and golden greys ,maybe the porthcawl area for rays or even take a chance on the upper reaches of the bristol channel and maybe early codling ,but im sure you will get some advice if you are a bit more specific ,tightlines foreshore

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a nice species hunt mate bass smothhound maybe rays aswell pretty much all top species and charter boat numbers aswell down that way thanks

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
P'cawl pier is fishing on and off hot and cold for rays and decent hounds. I've personally done well on the bass in Newport :p

Jon

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
hi mate i think swansea would be a good place to base yourself ,easy access to charters boats and close enough to a lot of good shore fishing ,tightlines foreshore

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
Also try book yourself on a few charters from swansea/barry/penarth to try all the types of fishing... congers rays and doggies to hounds bass and spur dogs.

Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts