World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to a place called Cenarth on saturday and my mum has promised i can do abit of fishing up there, so was just wondering if anyone on here has fished up that way and what are the best places to fish and what bait, tackle i would need, Taking up my beachcaster on my float rod:thumbs:

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Going to a place called Cenarth on saturday and my mum has promised i can do abit of fishing up there, so was just wondering if anyone on here has fished up that way and what are the best places to fish and what bait, tackle i would need, Taking up my beachcaster on my float rod:thumbs:
would like to help you out here liam but dont know of it lol well i have never fished it as yet but i think someone will help you out tight lines

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would like to help you out here liam but dont know of it lol well i have never fished it as yet but i think someone will help you out tight lines
Lol forgot to say gary mate, i will be fishing places like Mwnt,Cardigan. Cenarth is like 6 miles from the cost

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
take one hell of a cast if you hav'nt got a lift yuka:roll1::roll1:

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
take one hell of a cast if you hav'nt got a lift yuka:roll1::roll1:
Lol my dads coming over mate and he's taking us up there and staying with us for the week so a bit of fishing on my own then wreck up:drunk: with the old man in the night lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Lol my dads coming over mate and he's taking us up there and staying with us for the week so a bit of fishing on my own then wreck up:drunk: with the old man in the night lol
Its only 6 miles from the beach slim :sneaky2:....just in Extreme range then lol Good luck and take it easy bud:thumbs:

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its only 6 miles from the beach slim :sneaky2:....just in Extreme range then lol Good luck and take it easy bud:thumbs:
No extreme distance for me for a while i think mate, Aj just broke nearly every bone in my body at football training lol, Will need that led mould back soon aswell mate because kevin has been asking for it, Will let you know how i'm getting on when im away

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
good luck muka sink a few for me

·
Registered
470 Posts
No extreme distance for me for a while i think mate, Aj just broke nearly every bone in my body at football training lol, Will need that led mould back soon aswell mate because kevin has been asking for it, Will let you know how i'm getting on when im away
Do you want me to drop it up 2morrow bud, i bet 200 **** aday dont help the football training slim:crazy: lol

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Good luck mate - get in touch when your'e back - reckon a session is in order tight lines George

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cenarth is about 6 miles up the River Teifi from the sea and Cardigan town. No sea fishing but you might see a seal or an otter after the salmon. It is a great spot though and you might see some salmon and sewin leaping at the falls.

If you want to fish there you'll need a rod licence and permit (try Teifi Trout Association or Llandysul Anglers) Otherwise head down to the coast. You've got the Teifi estuary with Poppit Sands at the mouth of the estuary - must be some bass there though I've never fished it. Good spot looks like the rocky headland below the Gwbert Hotel on the right hand side of the estuary (looking downstream). Other marks, as already suggested, would be up at Mwnt and further north towards New Quay around Llangranog or Cwmtydu.

Hope you have a good trip.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Liam I was down that way last week. I stayed in Newport which is in between Fishguard and Cardigan. I did a bit of homework before I went down and the following places kept cropping up in conversation...

Cwm Yr Eglwys.
Ceibwr.
Newport beach and rock marks
Porthgain.
Abereidi.
Fishguard breakwater.
Mwnt

The first three of which I fished, the others (Porthgain, Abereidi and Fishguard breakwater) I didnt get chance, sadly. My missus had this crazy idea of me spending time with her and the kids whilst we were away so I didnt get round them all?! ;)

Go see Martin at Anglers Corner Milford Haven if you're stuck. He is happy to help and will suggest some marks to try.

Take yer pick and best of luck.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hi Liam,

Moylegrove ( Ceibwr) is a fairly safe rock mark with a small beach - see fishing marks at the top of the page.

Search the forum for Captain haddock because his blog covers some marks in Cardigan area/

Mwnt rocks can be very dangerous , dont go on your own , in the wet or with any sort of swell. Sadly quite a few anglers have been lost there.
Good luck

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice one for the advice lads:thumbs: Will have a look at those marks rod and let you know how i get on

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Liam I was down that way last week. I stayed in Newport which is in between Fishguard and Cardigan. I did a bit of homework before I went down and the following places kept cropping up in conversation...

Cwm Yr Eglwys.
Ceibwr.
Newport beach and rock marks
Porthgain.
Abereidi.
Fishguard breakwater.
Mwnt

The first three of which I fished, the others (Porthgain, Abereidi and Fishguard breakwater) I didnt get chance, sadly. My missus had this crazy idea of me spending time with her and the kids whilst we were away so I didnt get round them all?! ;)

Go see Martin at Anglers Corner Milford Haven if you're stuck. He is happy to help and will suggest some marks to try.

Take yer pick and best of luck.
Glad i dont fish up that far west....I cant even pronounce half the places :crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts