World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can only speak for myself, but i am finding the general shore fishing around the island were i live very poor apart from Wrasse fishing. Caught quite a few of them by Drop shotting, i usualy fish with metal lures in the summer and have done pretty well but this summer very poor, can hardly get a Pollock with the metals lately. There doesn't seem to be any Mackerel either side of the island (Holyhead). I do fish all states of the tide and was out yesterday and fished the tide all the way down, not the best time i know , i had a small fish on for a coupe of seconds while winding in fast to avoid the rocks ,a drop shot trace with a Berkley Gulp Sandworm on, something small hit that but that was it for the rest of the session . The heat was a bit uncomfortable at times but a light off shore breeze came up which made it a bit more bearable, i would recommend any one going fishing in this heat to wear a hat and take a couple of liters of water with them. i was no worse after. This website seems to be very quiet lately i am wondering if the fishing is poor all round.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was out on the kayak off Barmouth yesterday. None of the bass I hoped for but garfish were hitting, and mostly missing, every surface lure I cast out.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
My pal spent two days fishing the Straits and other parts of the coast, he said for the first time ever he blanked on both days, he said there is a huge algae bloom which was killing the fishing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts