World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right heres one for taking the wife fishing !!!!

After four weeks of pain and anguish through my back I thought sod it and threw caution to the wind and said to my wife Steph "We dont have the kids this weekend lets go see some marks and make time for us. Little did she realise I had my gear in the back of the car. Went to some marks that have been evading me for many years and ended up down at Porthgwarra. "This is lovely" said the wife. Yeah just what you like A sunny sandy beach with loo's and a cafe. Right she said you go fishing and I will lie here in the sun. Off I went rods and biat in hand , Splash "Oh yes I gasped as not a twinge. Very happy indeed.As my name says no fish and thats how it was, but that day I could not care as I wetted my gear and that was enough.
The next day my mate Mark invites us out in his boat for a few hours in the evening, I said shall I bring a rod or 2 just in case, to which he said ok. Now here is where the fun started, I asked Steph if she wanted to do any fishing and she said "I am quite happy sitting and watching thanks". So I only took one rod with me. Anyway off we go to the back of the mount dipped the lines nothing, so Mark said we will try the pollock ground so off we sped at 30 knots. When we arrived the lines went in and bang the maccies hit. After a short time Mark aksed my wife to hold his rod (keep it clean) so she did. She asked us how do we know we have a fish to which we replied in unison "Oh you will know" and bang the rod tip was bending a good one. With sheiks of "what do I do What do I do? reel it in says mark' How she says with the handle' Which way she says "UP". I took a few minutes for her to bring in the maccies but she did. She was really pleased with herself as that was the first time she had caught a fish. I felt rerally pleased for her and proud.
Now this is where she really wanted to do more and catch more. So mark said you carry on with that rod I will use my hand line. More fish came up and the smile grew.She caught 12 in all and a nice size to. She said that was enough and said how do you take them off the hook so we showed her and every time we pulled in fish she was taking them off the hooks and boxing them.(WOW) She said to our amazment can you kill them quicker as they look like they are suffering, So we said thats for the next trip.
On the way back in she said to me " I'm going onto that forum you are on and putting a post on". OH **** i thought here we go ! No she said I never thought how good it felt to do that I now know why you need to go fishing you get a real buzz out of it dont you. We just smiled. As we entered the harbour 2 dolphins surfaced in front of us so we sat there watching them for a while ans Steph said Icing on the cake aint it boys.
I am proud of my wife I never thought she would understand how I/we feel when we go fishing on shore oe water but now I know she does. So thanks Steph
:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice One Kev, Wish My Missus Was Like That. Anyway Will Come Out With You And Mark Soon, Has To Be Better Than The Last Time We Went Out From The Shore, Cheers

·
Registered
137 Posts
My wife fishes with me all the time and she absolutely loves it,baits up herself and all,ties her own rigs.
Never a problem when I want to go fishing as she is usually already in the car waiting:notworthy

·
The Bean Counter
44,169 Posts
Nice one. Mine loves to come fishing with me, only problem, is that she puts the fish off.:) :) :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Likewise, my wife always fishes with me. Much the same story, thought fishing was dull until she held my rod for a bit only to catch a conger. Now a complete convert - some days she actually has to drag ME out to fish!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No probs lee Its about time w ehad a session. Will look forward to it. When you going out with Rod (brother) next.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Despite my efforts, my wife has no interest in coming fishing, says it doesn't appeal to her one bit in the slightest, i've took her out on a boat form Meva a couple of times but theres no interest at all lol. Think I put her off when i took her to Tintagel the day before our first was due lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts