World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
well got a call from a steveifa to go try for some spur dogs as i had never caught one and i got an early day from work so jumped at the chance.
we got down to the mark about 2ish and the weather was spot on,light breeze and warm.steve was straight in too them and im still rigging up :fishing:

soon after i had my first ever spur, not a monster but i was buzzing all the same

this carried on in the same pattern all day and any whiting having a go at the bait was getting nailed by the spur dogs

three quarters of the way through the session i caught my new pb 12lb 3oz

this was just great fun and i also put my beachcaster away and had some fun on my uptider,cast out put it on the rest and straight back in the hands again spur straight away :fishing:

we had a very busy day 17 fish for me 15 for steve (but he had a little walk about for a bit) we both lost a good few fish too,anyway just thought id share this with you all and every fish was returned.a very big thanks to steve too for putting me right on a few things so id catch a few cheers m8
tight lines
major

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cheers major it was 1 for the books a good day had by all untill the next time,
dam seagulls haha.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forgot about that,nice screeming run though :thumbs:(also returned alive)

·
Registered
114 Posts
IT was the walk a long the beach to see who the people were dam seagulls hahaha.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
nice one guys exellent session you had there good pics and good size fish, they great fun on light gear are they not. its a great bonus when they all go back with nothing more than a pierced lip ain't it. :clap3::clap3:

i am going to try and get down for a session b4 i go north for a week will fish every day up there while the gf is working her little tush :roll1::roll1:

chance to explore a few new spots and see what i can find.

·
The Bush Kangaroo
2,807 Posts
top 1 lads well done result for u both there i just got to get 1 now

well done again

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What a fantastic report, Are the Whiting all that size ? I really wish we still had fishing grounds like you.

In fact, I think we should start an exchange system on the forum, you come and fish our marks we go to yours and then we see who are the best anglers.

It could be filmed for one of the Discovery channels, Henry could host it.

Keep it up chaps

Alan

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Excellent post fellers,some nice sized fish there............
reminded me of fishing for the same species off the east coast
Margate/Ramsgate UK years ago.....best I ever had was 9lb
so you certainly have got some good fish to be had......jumbo whiting too........I like that volcanic black sand.
Great piccies lads.....

Gazza

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it really was a great day thanks everbody for the replys,the whiting are a good size but alot of the time it was just the head coming back on the hooks :crazy: it is a great mark but we MUST be careful not to let the locals know about it as they will take everything they catch :hammer: certain people did alot of research for this species of fish and we need to keep it ush ush, as you can see only two of us on the mark,im sorry to say but over here people dont seem to be educated in fishing for the sport,rather fishing for the pot so this species is too nice for that :victory: anyway brilliant fishing and i cant wait to try for them again,
thanks again
major

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice one major, glad to hear you had a good day with plenty of action.
thankyou pete,yea it was great i cant stop thinking about them :wacko:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts