World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished low water in last night for 2 1/2 hours ,big lumps of crab a long way out were bound to produce something decent ,,,,,,wrong i couldn,t get a decent fish even if they had been next to my lead because each cast either had a baby tope on or a dog ended up with 3 of each,im sure there are far better fish there i just can,t believe how far those baby tope can open there gobs to get such big baits in ,there were a couple of lads further up last night not sure how they did .

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes there does seem to be a sudden surge now of pup tope and doggies showing more, Gynn wall & beyond - looks like we're getting into those times again when you just hope something you really want gets to the bait before they do!
Wonder if more of a chance further south down my end with these easterlies/calm tide?

Phil

·
Registered
457 Posts
Fished low water in last night for 2 1/2 hours ,big lumps of crab a long way out were bound to produce something decent ,,,,,,wrong i couldn,t get a decent fish even if they had been next to my lead because each cast either had a baby tope on or a dog ended up with 3 of each,im sure there are far better fish there i just can,t believe how far those baby tope can open there gobs to get such big baits in ,there were a couple of lads further up last night not sure how they did .
........... I hope that one day I can say that "a long way out" I was catching the wrong kind of fish!!:happy:
Well done Dave on a successful failure!!
Tight lines
Billy:cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts