World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I am after a new fixed spool real and am a bit lost.
I found the penn surfmaster 750 or 850 and thought it looked good.
Then after reading on hear for a bit i have decided against.
So now i am back where i started.
I have a budget of £50
Have heard that okuma are good budget reals?
Any advice or personal experience would be much appreciated.
Tight lines.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi mate try fleabay for £50 youll get a nice reel personally id go for penn 70 i dont think there made anymore but there is still a few about cheers benj

·
Registered
261 Posts
okuma have got a good reputation, however if it was my £50 to spend i would spend it on either a 'new' base model or a 'used' higher model by either shimano or daiwa. they are worth the extra money and they will last you much longer than cheaper 'flashier' reels. i've got an old model of the biomaster by shimano that has taken years of stick and is still going strong. if you can find one of those on fleabay don't think you'd go far wrong.
just my opinion :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
okuma have got a good reputation, however if it was my £50 to spend i would spend it on either a 'new' base model or a 'used' higher model by either shimano or daiwa. they are worth the extra money and they will last you much longer than cheaper 'flashier' reels. i've got an old model of the biomaster by shimano that has taken years of stick and is still going strong. if you can find one of those on fleabay don't think you'd go far wrong.
just my opinion :thumbs:
What size do you use? I find the sizing confusing, I recently bought a Shimano Navi 8000 for use off the boat but it does seem a huge reel and looks like overkill for the job I want it to do (uptiding).

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Hi all.
I am after a new fixed spool real and am a bit lost.
I found the penn surfmaster 750 or 850 and thought it looked good.
Then after reading on hear for a bit i have decided against.
So now i am back where i started.
I have a budget of £50
Have heard that okuma are good budget reals?
Any advice or personal experience would be much appreciated.
Tight lines.
You have a PM

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What size do you use? I find the sizing confusing, I recently bought a Shimano Navi 8000 for use off the boat but it does seem a huge reel and looks like overkill for the job I want it to do (uptiding).
Thats where i am lost to. I dont know what size i should be using.
Keep finding reels on ebay that look good but are listed as spinners.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
hiya mate ive sent you a text hope thats helped buddy , see you soon but if you get a new reel and catch loads fish half are mine now :help:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts