World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5,396 Posts
Have some Ghost cocoon here, works a treat once you have the knack of pulling the tab end back into the little groove in the tube. If you forget its a real pain to re thread, loop of mono is the only way I have found so far.

tried the Fladen stuff last year, not bad but as his nibs above says, cheaper from haberdashery shop, take note their is two sorts. 1 has a cotton type of covering and could fix a small heffer to your hook, the other knit in is the jobby you want.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Yeah i have used it recently anf found that the Fladen stuff is good and well priced too. If you are buying it from eBay though when you add postage i am not sure you will actually save anything from just buying it at your local tackle shop? Ghost Cocoon is a nice elastic to use as they do two strengths or thicknesses, i think?

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive been able to only get the slightly thicker elastic locally so was wanting the finer stuff so im not that bothered about saving money as long as its the right stuff,it sounds ok.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
In that case i am positive that Ghost Cocoon make a finer elastic, others will correct me if i am wrong here. The fladen stuff is a bit 'hard' if you understand what i mean. For what you are wanting it for i would try the thinner Ghost cocoon elastics, the container they come in is good aswell as it stop you wasting yards of elastic each time when it all comes off the spool and tangles up in your box.

· Registered
2,119 Posts
best i have come accross is from fox, comes in a little blue plastic container to keep it nice and clean, needle to thread it through the container, bit pricey as threads go but its well worth it.
I personally find the fox stuff a complete waste of money! It's honestly the worst elastic I have ever used. The elastic I now use (can't remember the brand) but it came in a packet with a yellow paper background. I've always found that "shiny" bait elastics are a waste of effort, its the stuff that is smooth to touch with a shiny almost pearlescent finish.

IMO the best elastic is the cheap spools that are matt white in colour, they discolour quickly with use and usually end up with a yellow/orange tinge depending on what baits you use most! :fish:

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the fladen is maybe the thicker stuff,just bought some off uktackle if its not right ill get shot of it somewhere,the thicker stuffs alright for big baits but i like the thin stuff for smaller fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.