World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Ian houlton
fladden powerstick (3rd bloody one in three weeks)
Surely this speaks for itself, steer clear of the fladen powerstick.
Just my opinion but after it went the second time i would have bought a different rod altogether.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
sorry mate i maybe posted wrong, the first one was not a fladden and aparently i just got unlucky on the powerstick. but believe me if i could afford it i would have a better one :)

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
try ebay, and get hold of an abu garcia rod, you won't go far wrong mate :)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm now who might that be? Ian the offers still on or if you like pop down to your local tackle shop and have a look at some of the cheaper Shakespeare rods the Mentor I have I only paid £30 for and it coped with everything I threw at it and even caught a couple of tidy fish. ;)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have a Shakespeare Mentor as my second rod, and I like it as much as my Abu. It holds well in rough conditions, has good bite detection, and casts really well if you prefer the overhead lob. Had mine about a year and it is still in great condition and I just keep it in my rod bag at all times with the salt and sand, never cleaned etc and the eyes are still great. I have landed a lot of fish with it and it copes very well with the big ones. Would really recommend for the price.

This rod has proved to me unless you are long range fishing (125+ yards) there is no need to spend a fortune.

£22.50 from Jims Cash and Carry. www.jims.org.uk

Jims are very good and have good savings on the more expensive rods if you wanted to spend that bit extra.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
thanks lads, i have not tried my replacement powerstick yet but will probably need to visit the tackle shop at the weekend.
paid4 think i responded to your kind offer but if not that was very much appreciated, thank you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts